Forums Bugs & issues Axcrpyt no longer asking for encryption password, only log in password.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Dale

Axcrpy behaviour has recently changed for no reason I am aware of.

When opening an encrypted file I used to receive a prompt to sign in (if I was signed out when opening file), and then another prompt to enter the encryption password.  Now I just receive a sign in prompt.

I have reinstalled windows recently but made no change  to axcrpt, which I have as the portable version (2.1.15470.0).  I dont recall any automatic update happening with my Axcypt portable.

Signing out of Axcrpyt or signing out of windows makes no difference to the above behaviour.

Please note that updating Axcrypt willl not resolve this post. The purpose of the post is to find out why this change might have occurred.  Updating will also not resolve the problem of access to the files now being possible with only one password instead of two when using my current version/release of Axcrypt portable.

<div id=”simple-translate”>
    <div>
    <div class=”simple-translate-button ” style=”background-image: url(‘moz-extension://57cce3f7-a926-4984-85b8-b102c2370ed9/icons/512.png’); height: 22px; width: 22px; top: 149px; left: 452px;”></div>
    <div class=”simple-translate-panel ” style=”width: 300px; height: 200px; top: 0px; left: 0px; font-size: 13px; background-color: #ffffff;”>
    <div class=”simple-translate-result-wrapper” style=”overflow: hidden;”>
    <p class=”simple-translate-result” style=”color: #000000;”></p>
    <p class=”simple-translate-candidate” style=”color: #737373;”></p>

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

#14221 Reply

Dale

After noticing this I went to ‘ change password’ in the menu and reentered the same password for decryption as before. No change in behaviour. The change password button is now greyed out for some reason.
    <div id=”simple-translate”>
    <div>
    <div class=”simple-translate-button ” style=”background-image: url(‘moz-extension://57cce3f7-a926-4984-85b8-b102c2370ed9/icons/512.png’); height: 22px; width: 22px; top: 10px; left: 10px;”></div>
    <div class=”simple-translate-panel ” style=”width: 300px; height: 200px; top: 0px; left: 0px; font-size: 13px; background-color: #ffffff;”>
    <div class=”simple-translate-result-wrapper” style=”overflow: hidden;”>
    <p class=”simple-translate-result” style=”color: #000000;”></p>
    <p class=”simple-translate-candidate” style=”color: #737373;”></p>

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

#14222 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Dale,

If the file was encrypted with other than the AxCrypt account sign in password, then we have to enter the file password to decrypt/open the encrypted files.

When we double-click on the encrypted file(s) from the explorer window, AxCrypt will prompt the user to enter the sign-in password.

If the file was encrypted with the sign in password, then AxCrypt will open the encrypted file without asking anything.

At the same time, if the file encrypted with other than the sign-in password, you will be prompted to enter the file password.

AxCrypt 2.x uses a single sign-in password to encrypt/decrypt the files. File password is required when the file was encrypted with the different passwords.

In the latest version of AxCrypt app, we can open the encrypted files directly by entering the file password in the sign-in dialog.

If both the sign-in and file password are same, then the AxCrypt app will get signed in.

If both the passwords are different, then the file will get opened without signing in to the app.

If the above does not help,please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net .

#14228 Reply

Dale

Thanks.

#14966 Reply

bob

Hello,

I just did the windows fresh start. I had to reload Axcrpyt. It used to ask for the password every time for every file…. Perfect. Now, it opens the file without a password. Even if I use CCleaner and remove cookies from MS Edge it will still just open the file…. If I do windows lock, it will still open the file when I unlock the laptop.. I have to logoff the laptop or restart it to have it prompt for the password. Not good… at all..   I really don’t want to have to put a real complicated password on my laptop. It was much better when the long password was for opening the encrypted files.  Is there some setting someplace so that if I lock the computer it will prompt for an Axcrypt password after I log back in?

Thanks,

Bob

#14967 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello bob,

AxCrypt 2.x use a single sign on model where the same password is used to sign in to our servers and to protect your files.

AxCrypt 2 works just like your email software or most other password-protected systems. You sign in once and remain signed in until signed out. Just like you can read many emails without entering the password every time, AxCrypt will do the same. The files are still encrypted, but your password is remembered until you sign out of AxCrypt.

AxCrypt stays signed in until signed out, just like most similar applications such as your email. Once signed in, you can read, write and update information without having to re-enter the password, until signed out. AxCrypt will automatically sign out when the screen saver goes active(based on the Inactivity Sign Out configuration), or you can sign out manually.

You can use our Inactivity Sign Out feature, to sign out the AxCrypt app on certain time interval of inactivity. Also you can sign out the AxCrypt app, when opened the encrypted file(s). Now AxCrypt will ask the user to enter the sign in password to sign in to the AxCrypt app.

For Inactivity Sign Out, File | Options | Inactivity Sign Out | Choose duration in minutes.

Please note: Inactivity Sign Out is s premium feature.

Still, you are asking any Query/issues, please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Axcrpyt no longer asking for encryption password, only log in password.
Your information: