Forums Bugs & issues Axcrypt 1.7.3180 don't work on W10 64bits

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ali 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Eduardo

Hi.

I work with Axcrypt since years ago and never have problems. Now I havc a new laptop but when I try to crypt or decrypt a file, nothing happens. I look in task bar and proces Axcrypt is opened, but I cant crypt or decrypt any file…
    Some idea what is happening?
    Thanks in advance.

#9310 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Eduardo,

AxCrypt version 1 is obsolete and unsupported. It’s hard to help you out also when you just say “nothing happens”. I’m sure something happens – also, just exactly what are you doing? A screen shot may help a lot.

#9312 Reply

Eduardo

Tx for your answer…

When I said “nothing happens” mean I try to open a axcrypt file and the file doesn’t work.

In the “Task manager” I can see the axcrypt process opened, but if I close the process and try to open again the file, happens the same.

I don’t put a screenshot, because it only show you my desk.

I’m sorry I can’t explain better, english is not my first language.

I rather axcrypt 1.7 than 2.0 because for me is better the work mode in 1.7.

Thanks

#9313 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Eduardo,

Have you tried right-clicking the file and selecting AxCrypt | Decrypt instead of double-clicking?

Also, when you say nothing – do you mean that you do not get a password prompt, or is it after entering your password that “nothing” happens?

#9317 Reply

Anonymous

Hello Eduardo,

Have you tried right-clicking the file and selecting AxCrypt | Decrypt instead of double-clicking?

Answer:——————————————————————————————–

Yes … And the same happens.
    ——————————————————————————————–

Also, when you say nothing – do you mean that you do not get a password prompt, or is it after entering your password that “nothing” happens?

Answer:——————————————————————————————–
    The password prompt does not aparear … The only thing I can see is the mouse cursor working for a few seconds.

The same happens if I try to encrypt.

I have W10 64bits creators update, that includes “Microsoft .net 4.7”, is it posible the problem is about .net?

Tx!

#9322 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Eduardo,

Please follow the instructions here: https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/send-complete-error-report/ .

#9401 Reply

Eduardo

I try to follow the instructions, but I cant find any folder called “axcrypt” in % localappdata% … I try to look by myself in: “My user / appdata / local” too, but I can not see any folder called “axcrypt” for that, I can not get the error log …

: _ (

Axcrypt 1.7.3180 is installed, and I have a folder with the .exe in this path: “C: \ Program Files \ Axantum \ AxCrypt”
    After that, I try to unistall and install Axcrpyt, but stil the problem and the folder doesn’t aparear.

Any idea?

#9402 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Eduardo,

As mentioned, AxCrypt 1 is obsolete and unsupported. The instructions for error reporting is for version 2, sorry for the confusion. We can’t help you with version 1. I suggest you upgrade to version 2.

#9408 Reply

Eduardo

Ok… Tx for your time… It’s a pity because I like work mode on 1.7

#9415 Reply

Eduardo

Finally I had find the solution in Axcrypt 1.7. The problem was a incompatibility betwen axcrypt and a software preinstaled in my new computer called Nahimic 2.

Tx!

#9416 Reply

RobB

I can access the website but I am unable with the same password to encrypt files! Help!

#13874 Reply

Ali

Thank you, that solve my problem too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Axcrypt 1.7.3180 don't work on W10 64bits
Your information: