Forums Help & support Axcrypt 2.1 doesn't ask for password the second time I open an encrypted file

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

David

On my Windows 7 computer I downloaded and installed 2.1.1474.0-x64. I encrypted a text file and then quit Axcrypt. I double-clicked on the encrypted file and the password screen opened. I entered my password and the file opened in my text editor. I closed the file. When I opened it again it opened without requiring the entry of a password.

#4418 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello David,

Exactly, it’s intended to work that way! It’s a feature to make it easier to work with encrypted files, and make it easier to use really good and strong passwords – without endangering security, provided you are following a good security practice in the first place and never leave your computer logged in to Windows in a hostile environment.

Please read the following for a longer discussion: http://www.axcrypt.net/blog/leaving-computer-axcrypt/  .

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by  Svante.
    #4420 Reply

David

In my opinion, this is a less secure system, because even when one follows best network security practices there is always the possibility of a hacker getting in. Even multi-million dollar companies and government agencies are hacked. I would suggest that you consider adding an option to the program: “Require password entry at each launch of encrypted files”.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Axcrypt 2.1 doesn't ask for password the second time I open an encrypted file
Your information: