Forums Bugs & issues Axcrypt congests Appdata folder?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Izak van Langevelde

Just found out why my hard disk is running almost full after encrypting a couple of huge files: acrypt leaves a whopping 160 GB in my Appdata folder. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

#15273 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Izak van Langevelde,

The location(C:\Users\’user name’\AppData\Local\AxCrypt) is for the temporary decrypted copies of the files. Those will either be cleaned automatically at the earliest opportunity or when you click the red clean “broom” icon in AxCrypt.

AxCrypt works by decrypting files temporarily and then launching the appropriate application for the decrypted file, which thus is entirely unaware of AxCrypt. AxCrypt monitors the system for the launched app to exit, and when it detects this it will re-encrypt the file and wipe (overwrite) the decrypted file and then delete it.

I think still your files are not re-encrypted completed(not sure). please click the broom icon in the AxCrypt app when you encrypted the files.

Note: The temporary files will be removed as soon as the opened encrypted file closed/signed out from the AxCrypt app.

Still, you are asking any issues, please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

#15274 Reply

Izak van Langevelde

The problem occurs after encrypting, I have yet to decrypt. Also, the broom icon is inactive. So, your suggestion isn’t really helpful.

#15276 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Izak van Langevelde,

Please take and send the complete error report to support@axcrypt.net to investigate and fix the issue.

Please explain step by steps process. If you give the details, we will try to troubleshoot the issue as soon as possible. Also, you can send a screenshot showing where the problem is, it often helps us understand.

Please follow the detailed instructions to take the complete error report: https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/send-complete-error-report/ .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Axcrypt congests Appdata folder?
Your information: