Forums Help & support AxCrypt does not monitor my encrypted folders

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Dragon

Hello,

I’m testing the premium version -free the first 30 days- of AxCrypt. I love it but it does not monitor the forder I encrypted. If I put a new file in an encrypted folder, it will stay in clear. Even after a sign out or a reboot. Of course, I could make a right clic on it to encrypt it.

I know, it’s not a normal beharviour.

Any help, please ?

Thank you

#12811 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Dragon,

AxCrypt secures files, individually. However, you can designate folders as ‘secured’. The folders will be monitored for new files, and AxCrypt will secure all new files with a single click, or when you sign out.

If the file in fact is located in a folder designated as “Secured”, it will soon be re-encrypted again since those folders are monitored for unencrypted files and will encrypt them when you sign out, or click the “Broom” clean up icon.

AxCrypt 2.x uses a more robust method for the automatic re-encryption, which sometimes means you as the user have to tell AxCrypt to do it. You’ll see this by the “broom” icon becoming red. This indicates there’s something in need of “clean up”, i.e. re-encryption.

If the secured folder is not exists in the Secured Folders tab then AxCrypt will not monitor for new files under the secured folders. So please add the secured folder again in the secured folders tab, if not exists in that.

We can add a new or already secured folder to the secured folders tab by right clicking in the secured folder tab and choosing Add Secured Folder menu option form the context menu.

Please note: Please check the created file whether opened in any other application or not? If opened, please close the opened application completely.

#12814 Reply

Dragon

Thank you very much !

You learned me a lot. Unfortunately, I put my “secret” folder in the Secured Folders tab and it works very well but not for the subfolders in it…

#12815 Reply

Dragon

I just found the option “included subfolders” and it works very well !

THank you very much

#12838 Reply

Chuck

Hello

Does the free version encrypt only files or can it encrypt folder?  Thanks.

#12842 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Chuck,

Free version can encrypt only the file(s). We need paid premium subscription to secure the folder(s).

For more information about features, https://forum.axcrypt.net/pricing/ .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: AxCrypt does not monitor my encrypted folders
Your information: