Forums Community AxCrypt + email Workflow

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Quentin

Hi

New user here just working my way around the system having just started a 30 day trial period, I’m using a Mac.

Based on what I’ve seen so far the only way of sending material securely via email if I’m using AxCrypt is simply to write an email in a text editor and having saved that file get AxCrypt to encrypt it and then attach it to an email in the usual way.

I’m assuming, but I haven’t tried it yet, that the email recipient will have to have the AxCrypt viewer installed and that having exchanged keys he or she will be able to decrypt the message I’ve sent?

If I’m person A (Mac user) and I send my message to persons B and C (both Mac users), B and C need to have the AxCrypt viewer installed, all fine so far. What if B or C want to reply to me, do they both have to have a premium plan in order to encrypt a message and reply?

If that’s the case, and I think it is, I can’t see me getting those I communicate with to buy into this  :-(

Thanks,

Quentin.

#12352 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Quentin!

AxCrypt is not optimal for e-mail-style communication with many back-and-forth messages. As you say you can send to others who only need the free Viewer. They can update the document and send it back, but they can’t create new documents and share with others.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: AxCrypt + email Workflow
Your information: