Forums Help & support AXCrypt encrypted BitLocker key to open BitLocker Win 10 Pro

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Deano 5 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Deano

I have enabled BitLocker on my C and D drives and I am using Win 10 Pro without the TPM.  Therefore, I can only boot the computer with a password or USB stick.

I saved the BitLocker recovery key (.txt) to my USB stick a backup copy and encrypted this file using AXCrypt. However, when I boot my computer with the USB stick attached (F:), to my amazement, the computer uses the BitLocker key on F: and successfully booted up.

Can someone pls explain, how does the OS read and decrypt the recovery key and use it to boot my computer? I only stored the recovery key on my USB drive as a backup and was taken aback when I did a restart with USB drive attached to find it booted. I was under the impression that encrypted means encrypted.

#13419 Reply

Deano

Please ignore my message. I have my Macrium Reflect PE rescue on the same USB and my PC is surprisingly booting from this without any pw prompt. My issue is now with Microsoft…

Keep up the good work AXCrypt.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: AXCrypt encrypted BitLocker key to open BitLocker Win 10 Pro
Your information: