Forums Bugs & issues AxCrypt file encryption has stopped working

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Donald

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. This is the message I get after I input my password and AxCrypt loads. I do not think I have had any updates as of last night when it was still working as far as I know. I did add a printer last night. I have tried rebooting PC and the app still works on my phone. Any ideas?

#5984 Reply

Lee

https://forum.axcrypt.net/support/faq/#lavasoft-crash

If you get an error message “File Encryption for .NET and Mono has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.” the most likely cause is a software called “Lavasoft Web Companion”. This is not compatible with modern versions of Windows, and it modifies the way the network is accessed in a way that causes AxCrypt and other programs to crash.

Check if you have Lavasoft Web Companion installed, and uninstall it if this is the case. If you’re still having the same problem or do not have the Lavasoft software installed, please follow the instructions and file a full error report.

#6027 Reply

Drain0

New version stops working on my Windows 10 64bit PC

Tried to download the old 1.x and got an error

“C:\Users\drain0\AppData\Local\Temp\VcUI3kRT.exe.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.”

I do not have this Lavasoft prog installed.

FFS

#6038 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Drain0,

Just exactly what message are you getting when you say “New version stops working on my Windows 10 64bit PC”. Many users have “Web Companion” installed without knowing.

#6055 Reply

Drain0

Here are the error messages:

and here are my installed progs:

#6063 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Drain0,

I’m not responding here, since I’ve already responded on another thread.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: AxCrypt file encryption has stopped working
Your information: