Forums Help & support AxCrypt have not freeware software anymore?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Ken, and thank you for your insightful comments.

The simpler, offline, standalone version is definitely to be. Exactly how it’ll work is still to be decided, we’re considering various options.

Your escrow scenario with the split key operation, is something else again. Not really sure how I’d like that to work. Will have to think about that one some more. I still do not like the idea of going back to use of multiple passwords à la 1.x, I don’t think that’s the solution here.

I do have a thought about the possibility to *add* passwords to files, that would actually fit your bill. See https://bitbucket.org/axantum/axcrypt-net/issues/131/add-sharing-password . This would not have the risk we’ve seen of people forgetting what they entered, you’d still use your own password normally, but you could add a “sharing password” (and construct it like you suggest in split parts) and give to other people whole or in part.

#7108 Reply

xip

I just like to use the current andriod version to descrypt only, would there be a way to stop the free trial until I would like to use full feature?

#7109 Reply

Remigiusz

I just like to use the current andriod version to descrypt only, would there be a way to stop the free trial until I would like to use full feature?

There is no way to pause the free trial however AxCrypt are introducing a free viewer application which means that once they release that feature you’ll be able to view your files for free.

This is what I’ve seen from their source code.

#7150 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello xip and Remigiusz,

Right now – the mobile apps require Premium, and for that reason we immediately start the Premium trial when you first use a mobile app.

We’re planning to add full encryption capabilities to the mobile apps later this year, and then we will indeed have a free viewer mode, just like we do with the new Mac OS X version we recently released for beta testing.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: AxCrypt have not freeware software anymore?
Your information: