Forums Community AxCrypt mobile

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

chris

Greetings

I have a question about the mobile app and local pc storage. I like the idea of being able to access my passwords on a mobile device, but if I can also access encrypted files that are on my pc that leads me to believe encrypted files are also stored on your servers. Please correct me if I’m wrong, I appreciate it.

#8074 Reply

Peter

You are misunderstanding how AxCrypt works.

• AxCrypt encrypts your files with a password which only you know. Your files are never(!) sent to AxCrypt.
    • If you want to access your files on your mobile you must upload them to a cloud – like Google Drive or Dropbox. You can also email them to yourself.
    • Once you’re able to access the file on your mobile device you need to install AxCrypt Mobile.
    • Type your password into the AxCrypt mobile app and you can now decrypt your files.
    #8101 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Thank you, Peter!

#8185 Reply

Chris

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Thank you very much. I wasn’t sure how that would work and you cleared it right up for me. Thanks again, much appreciated.</p>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: AxCrypt mobile
Your information: