Forums Bugs & issues Axcrypt not responding when attempting to open (on macOS Mojave)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Łukasz 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Letitia

I downloaded the installer version (for macOS) to encrypt some files, namely image files and PDF documents.

After using it for a couple of times, the program suddenly stops responding when I attempt to open and log in.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing but to no avail. My current version of Axcrypt is 2.2.578.0, installed on macOS Mojave (Version 10.14.2).

How can I fix this?

#13182 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Letitia,

Current AxCrypt mac version is working fine for a lot of users and me as well. This might be happened because of some firewall/antivirus or other third party applications are blocking the AxCrypt app. So please check the firewall or other software settings.

If then also is not working, Please provide more information about the issue and also send the complete error report with some screenshots of the exceptions, so that we will try to troubleshoot the same as soon as possible.

You can also send the complete error report to support@axcrypt.net to troubleshoot the issue. Please follow the detailed instructions to take the complete error report: https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/send-complete-error-report/.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  Azhaguraja B.
    #13296 Reply

Letitia

Hi Azhaguraja, the firewall on my iMac is not enabled and I do not have any antivirus programs installed as well. May I know where to retrieve the error report in MacOS? The instructions in the blog are for Windows system.

Also, I have not experienced any error crashes in Axcrypt, instead the screenshot below shows what I am always experiencing. The app is unable to open, and would be stuck in this “Application Not Responding” status. The only action that is possible is to Force Quit the app.

axcrypt force quit

Please help! Thank you.

#13309 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Letitia,

Please send complete information about the issue and the ReportSnapshot.txt  file to support@axcrypt.net.

You can find the ReportSnapshot.txt in the /Users/User Name/.local/share/AxCrypt . Use the finder and type ~/.local/AxCrypt to locate the AxCrypt local folder.

Also, check whether the user account has necessary access(admin rights) or not?

#14942 Reply

Anonymous

What hopeless support! Just say it again and tell louder. get this person away from clients!

#14996 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Anonimo,

Apologies for the delayed response.

AxCrypt mac version is working fine with almost all the users. Only very few users used to get some unusual behavior with the AxCrypt app, due to other third-party or antivirus or firewall applications that will not allow some applications. Maybe because of that reason, the AxCrypt app is not opening or crashing in some of the users’ devices. So, We used to ask users to send the logs/error report to our support email to check and resolve the issue.

If you experienced any bad incidents with AxCrypt, we regret the inconvenience caused.

If you have any issues with the AxCrypt app, please write here or send an email to support@axcrypt.net.

#16168 Reply

Łukasz

For me removing contents of ~/.local/AxCrypt directory works. All local data was removed, but AxCrypt is working again

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Axcrypt not responding when attempting to open (on macOS Mojave)
Your information: