Forums Bugs & issues Axcrypt on command line keeps crashing

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Amaury

Hi,

Sending this command : AxCrypt.exe -b 2000000000 -e -k “plop” -c -z “c:\watch.txt” -t, Axcrypt is lauching and is crashing immediately.

In windows event, I find this information:

Application : AxCrypt.exe
    Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
    Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d’une exception non gérée.
    Informations sur l’exception : System.ArgumentException
    Pile :
    à System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(System.String, Boolean, Int32, Boolean)
    à System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Init(System.String, Boolean)
    à Axantum.AxCrypt.Program.RegisterTypeFactories(System.String)
    à Axantum.AxCrypt.Program.Main()

First I could suspect a path problem… but my file is really existing…!

Except in the shell mode, Axcrypt is working correctly… What is wrong with th shell mode???!!

#10674 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Amaury,

It looks like you are trying to use an AxCrypt 1.x command line with AxCrypt 2.x. AxCrypt 2 does not support the command line as yet (and never will quite like that, it’ll be a separate command line executable), and AxCrypt 1.x is no longer maintained although it is of course available still.

#10677 Reply

Amaury

Hi, Thx Svante for your answer.

This is in fact the case. But I was precisely making some test to migrate from version 1 to version 2 and I didn’t understand why it wasn’t working.

So my next question is what is the application you are talking as “it’ll be a separate command line executable”. Is it downloadable? Is it a licensed or billable product…?

Best regards,

Amaury

#10679 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Amaury,

What I mean to say is that sometime in the future we’ll implement a separate command line utility for AxCrypt 2. At this time we do not have one. I am sorry.

#10682 Reply

Amaury

Thx for your answer,

Surprisingly a newer solution has less functionalities than the previous one… So I guess there is no way to use an API to integrate AxCrypt 2 in a coded solution (by changing environment,…). So you confirm also that this page is obsolete (as the version AxCrypt 1.x): http://www.axantum.com/Developers.html

What would you propose so? Do we have an idea when your command-line version would be available? Is there a way to speed up that delivery?

Best regards,

Amaury

#10683 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Amaury,

Yes, http://www.axantum.com describes AxCrypt 1 which is no longer maintained.

There is currently no planned date for the command-line version. You can always roll your own by integrating with the source code (it’s actually not that complicated for a simple use-case). We do have other requests for this functionality so we will try to deliver something not too far in the future.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Axcrypt on command line keeps crashing
Your information: