Forums Help & support AxCrypt Portable won't start in Win10

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Paul Hahn

Downloaded the portable version of AxCrypt (2.1.1537.0) to my new Win10 PC (in my ‘Desktop’ folder).  Double clicked the icon and nothing happens (except the ‘wait’ icon for a few seconds).  Checked Task Manager – the app never shows up in the applications section, but “AxCrypt File Encryption” shows as a process using 0 resources for about 30 seconds. I disabled my anti-virus software – didn’t help.  I deleted the file and downloaded again – no help.  I ran as admin – no help. I tried downloading the same exact file to my Win 7 machine and on the first try it brought up the “First try” AxCrypt window – although I did get a security challenge that I accepted.  Any thoughts?

#12361 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Please check your system whether has any pending windows updates or not?, Sometimes becasue of the update failure or pending updates will stop or affect the .Net Framework. So better update your operating system and then try to do the same.

If still you are facing the issue, please write a mail to support@axcrypt.net with the complete error report. so that we will try to troubleshoot the same as soon as possible.

You can also send the complete error report to troubleshoot the issue. Please follow the detailed instructions to take the complete error report: https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/send-complete-error-report/ .

#16089 Reply

Arjan

Trying to install AxCrypt, but when it starts it asks for an email, when I enter my email, I can click on OK or Help as many times as I like but nothing happens, it just stays on the email popup

#16092 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Arjan,

Do you receive the verification email? If yes please enter the verification code and set the password to start the AxCrypt app.

still, if you are facing any issue, please explain your question in more detailed information. You can send a screenshot showing where the problem is, it often helps us understand. Please write an email to our support team support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you.

Please note: This might be because of some other third party applications are not allowing the AxCrypt app to run. Please try to check any firewall or antivirus software’s are blocking the AxCrypt app or not? If blocked, please add the AxCrypt app in the app’s whitelist.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: AxCrypt Portable won't start in Win10
Your information: