Forums Help & support AxCrypt process won't start, because it is in use by an other process

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lnahs 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Markku Toiviainen

I tried to open AxCrypted file from Windows 10 resource manager by right-clicking  it and selecting “open” from AxCrypt menu. I got message “AxCrypt failed to start. All Settings cleared. Process can not use the file because it is in use by an other process”.

All AxCrypt functions returns same message. System restart didn’t help. What should I do? I have used this same file in the same way for long time with no problems.

MT.

#13475 Reply

Anonymous

Hello Markku,

It might be because of some third party applications or any firewalls are blocking the AxCrypt application and its files.

If you have updated the encrypted files contents and which is pending for re-encryption, then please check the folder(C:\Users\”User Name”\AppData\Local\AxCrypt). If you found any subfolders inside the AxCrypt folder, take a back up of those folders. Then clean the local cache by the below described way.

Please delete the folder %LocalAppData%\AxCrypt(C:\Users\’User Name’\AppData\Local\AxCrypt) to clear the local cache and starts the AxCrypt app like a new.

Then uninstall the AxCrypt app and install the latest version of the AxCrypt app. You can download the same from our official website: https://forum.axcrypt.net/download/ .

Now install the AxCrypt app and try to start AxCrypting……

If the file in fact is located in a folder designated as “Secured”, it will soon be re-encrypted again since those folders are monitored for unencrypted files and will encrypt them when you sign out, or click the “Broom” clean up icon.

AxCrypt 2 uses a more robust method for the automatic re-encryption, which sometimes means you as the user have to tell AxCrypt to do it. You’ll see this by the “broom” icon becoming red. This indicates there’s something in need of “clean up”, i.e. re-encryption.

So after editing the encrypted files, we have to click the broom icon or sign out from the AxCrypt app to re-encrypt the updated files.

Please note: If you opened and updated an encrypted text file with notepad and at the same time you had opened an another notepad application also, then you have to close both the opened applications to re-encrypt the encrypted files. You have to close all the opened corresponding applications properly.

If the above does not help, Please send the complete error report with some screenshots of the exceptions, so that we will try to troubleshoot the same as soon as possible.

Still, if you are facing any issues, please feel free to contact our support(support@axcrypt.net) with detailed information about the issue.

You can also send the complete error report to troubleshoot the issue. Please follow the detailed instructions to take the complete error report: https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/send-complete-error-report/ .

#13979 Reply

Theodore

Thank you for sharing valuable information. fnaf sister location

#14840 Reply

temple run 3

If the above does not help, Please send the complete error report with some screenshots of the exceptions, so that we will try to troubleshoot the same as soon as possible. temple run 3

#14867 Reply

temple run

Please send the complete error report with some screenshots of the exceptions, so that we will try to troubleshoot the same as soon as possible. temple run

#15468 Reply

sekilli nick

Fabulous post written by experts on intertwine media, education and knowledge in college. Also like to discuss this topic with my team of assignment writers and see what they say about it. sekilli nick

#25261 Reply

Robert Bussino

This is a snapshop report of detected errors in AxCrypt. Please copy all of this text and e-mail to:

To: support@axcrypt.net
    Subject: AxCrypt Report Snapshot

———– Exception at 2022-01-16 04:00:01Z ———–

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:53414
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
    — End of inner exception stack trace —
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
    at AxCrypt.Mono.HttpRequestClient.DoRequestInternal(String method, String content, WebRequest request)
    at AxCrypt.Mono.HttpRequestClient.Dispatch(CommandServiceEventArgs command)

#25300 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Robert Bussino,

We have responded to your support email.

“Please avoid sending a same query in different mediums. You may get duplicate response”

#26834 Reply

RAYMOND VINCENT

the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.    Pleas help to fix this I need yo decrypt files

thank you for a prompt response I hope

Raymond Vincent

vince32@bellsouth.net

#26835 Reply

RAYMOND VINCENT

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another another process

Pleas help fix this I need to decrypt some files

Raymond Vincent

vince32@bellsouth.net

#26845 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello RAYMOND VINCENT,

We have responded to your support email.

“Please avoid sending a same query in different mediums. You may get duplicate response”

#29701 Reply

Anna Jimmy

If you could provide us a full error report along with screenshots of the occurrences in question, we could begin looking into the matter immediately.

Five Nights At Freddy’s

#31874 Reply

lnahs

I am not familiar with this information. It is quite beneficial to me. I appreciate you sharing.

Geometry Dash Scratch

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: AxCrypt process won't start, because it is in use by an other process
Your information: