Forums Help & support Axcrypt registration

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jack 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Craig

I want to buy Axcrypt premium but I never want my password sent to the server.

I’ve searched all over this support group but the only suggestion I found was to register it on another computer and then copy the registration file. That method would mean I still have to send my password to the server meaning Always Offline is pointless. Can I buy the registration file separately?

I’d like to get premium without needing to ever connect the desktop application to the internet and without sending my password to Axcrypt,

#8491 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Craig,

Well, you can sign up on-line use a temporary password, purchase the license go offline and then *change* the password to something completely different. That way our servers will never see your ‘real’ password.

#8611 Reply

Jack

This isn’t something that AxCrypt want to support Craig. If you use the workaround method your secret key, although not your password, will still be shared with AxCrypt.

AxCrypt isn’t designed for high-security environments; it’s primarily for home users with internet connected PCs.

If you want zero data transmitted to AxCrypt then use Always Offline mode but you’ll only get AES-128 (not AES-256) encryption.

There’s the added benefit that it’s free to use the 128-bit encryption mode. Using the free version means you’re not able to support the development financially but the benefit of using Always Offline outweighs the other premium features. It’s also the reason HIPAA/HITECH companies won’t use it (sending key material (password or private key)) to a third-party is frowned upon).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Axcrypt registration
Your information: