Forums Bugs & issues Axcrypt seems to keep versions in the user's AppData local folder – can purge?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Todd I. Stark

I’m using Axcrypt V2.1.1489 on Windows 10 to encrypt a very large (1.5 GB) zip archive and it appears that it is retaining multiple copies of the encrypted archive under the path C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\AxCrypt under multiple subfolders .  Is it safe for me to delete the copies or any way to do that safely without corrupting the product’s indexing so it doesn’t take up so much space?

#8377 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Todd,

First – Please upgrade! That version is ancient. You should be seeing a red icon warning you of this. Go to https://forum.axcrypt.net/ and get the latest version,

You should let AxCrypt clean it up with the red broom icon. You won’t confuse AxCrypt if you delete them manually – but you may lose your most recent edits, since if you have any that have not been re-encrypted, if you delete them the changes are lost.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Axcrypt seems to keep versions in the user's AppData local folder – can purge?
Your information: