Forums Help & support AxCrypt staying open, is there a way to close automatically after each use?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Nick 5 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Nick

Hi, I just downloaded AxCrypt to protect sensitive files and restrict access to those files on my home computer since i’ve signed a contract of confidentiality related to my work. I take this commitment very seriously.

As we all know, the #1 tool hackers are most likely to use is human error. Human error is not curiosity proof, or hacker proof. What I am talking about here is if by error, if i get distracted and forget to close AxCrypt after entering my password to login. I just tested that scenario and found myself able to decrypt the file without entering a password. So my question is, is there a way to make it log off afther each use, like if I close the file, I want it to be mendatory to enter the password to decrypt it again. Is there a way to prevent decryption without password even when logged in ? I don’t want to be that guy who choses a super long, strong and complicated password, encrypts his files, get distracted after a drink or 2 and gets all of his files copied and have a mass security breach because he went to take a shower and forgot to log off.

This is the kind of human error I don’t want to be a victim of.  Is there a way to make it that it never happens no matter how distracted I am ? that the only way to open the file is with the password logged in or not.

Thank you for your time.

Nick Jobin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: AxCrypt staying open, is there a way to close automatically after each use?
Your information: