Forums Bugs & issues AXcrypt window not opening in foreground

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Florian 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Florian

Hi,

My AXCrypt portable on Win10 changed behavior: on double click of the tray icon, the application window would open, and I could drop files into it for encryption.

This is not working anymore: the application does not open in the foreground. On mouse over of the tray icon, I can see the preview of the AXCrypt window (with some black rectangles), but it does not open. Even when I close all other programs, the AXCrypt Window would not come up.

screenshot

Is this something you can fix?

Many thanks,

Flo

#15725 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Florian,

This might be because of some other third party applications are not allowing the AxCrypt app to run. Please try to check any firewall or antivirus software’s are blocking the AxCrypt app or not? If blocked, please add the AxCrypt app in the app’s whitelist.

also check, AxCrypt application is running in the background(not sure). Please check the task manager AxCrypt is running or not? If running means, stop the AxCrypt app. Then start the AxCrypt app. Now it’s working.

Still, you are facing any issue please follow the below steps.

Please delete the folder(%LocalAppData%\AxCrypt(C:\Users\’User Name’\AppData\Local\AxCrypt) to clear the local cache and starts the AxCrypt app like a new.

Then uninstall the AxCrypt app and install the latest version of the AxCrypt app. You can download the same from our official website: https://forum.axcrypt.net/download/  .

Now install the AxCrypt app and try to start AxCrypting……

Still, If you found any issues or error alerts, You can send a screenshot showing where the problem is, it often helps us understand.

For complete error report, Please follow the detailed instructions here: https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/send-complete-error-report/ .

Still, you are facing any issue, please provide detailed information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net. We are happy to help you.

#15732 Reply

Florian

Everything is all right with AXCrypt. The window had simple disappeared to another screen (which is not even connected to my PC, no idea how that worked???) so that I could not see the application, no matter what.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: AXcrypt window not opening in foreground
Your information: