Forums Help & support Can you encrypt only the portable hardrive

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Paul

I would like to prevent access to  portable hard drives or thumb drives and use AxCrypt for this instead of encrypting every individual file within the portable hard drive.  Decryption off each file takes me too long to complete and sometimes I want to visually scan or open numerous files for what I require.  Can this be done??

#16311 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Paul,

You can achieve the same using AxCrypt app. You can use our portable version to secure your portable hard drives files/folders.

For portable(stand-alone)  version, https://forum.axcrypt.net/download/ .

Please note: AxCrypt app encrypt file(s) with the .axx extension. AxCrypt encrypted files have their own file structure and AxCrypt app only can interpret and open those file(s). That’s the way AxCrypt was designed. Other than .axx extension files, can’t be opened by the AxCrypt app. No other application(s) can open the AxCrypt encrypted files.

If you are asking any other quires, you can feel free to contact our support via support@axcrypt.net .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Can you encrypt only the portable hardrive
Your information: