Forums Help & support Can't install in new Windows 10 laptop

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AxCrypt Suppoert 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

DickinSanDiego

I’m “commissioning” a new Windows 10 laptop and trying to install AxCrypt 2. However, both the version of installation software I had — 2.1.1509 — and the one I just downloaded — 2.1.1585 — hang at the “Processing: Initializing…” screen, with nothing happening. Since I have some existing files encrypted on my old computer, I’d like to be able to access them! Is there a fix? This is version 1909 of W10.

#15361 Reply

DickinSanDiego

Follow-up: this is W10 64-bit. Also, when I cancel the installation, I’m unable to get rid of the installation dialog box — I have to go to Task Manager to kill the process! Also, all applications have been exited prior to installation attempts.

#15363 Reply

DickinSanDiego

Running install program “as administrator” did the trick.

#15367 Reply

AxCrypt Suppoert

Hi DickinSanDiego,

It might be happened because of some firewall/antivirus or other third party applications are blocking the AxCrypt app. So please check the firewall or other software settings.

Please check your operating system has any pending updates. If any, please update and restart the system.

Then try to install the latest version(https://forum.axcrypt.net/download/ ) in your system. Hope, your problem will get resolved.

Still, you are asking any issues, please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

You can also send the complete error report to troubleshoot the issue. Please follow the detailed instructions to take the complete error report: https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/send-complete-error-report/

Keep AxCrypting……Have a Nice Day….)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Can't install in new Windows 10 laptop
Your information: