Forums Bugs & issues Can't open axcrypt file with double click outside of axcrypt program

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Azhaguraja B 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Mike L.

I just installed AxCrypt 2 and I got the following message:

“Double-click to open AxCrypt files outside of AxCrypt may not functioin correctly. THe operating system file association for extension “.axx” appears to be broken. Contact your IT support or search for a solution on the internet.”

Now I cannot open axcrypt files by double clicking on them, and the registry does not even list a .axx extension. I assumed loading the axcrypt program would create the extension and link it to the axcrypt program.

Any help on how to restore the file extension and linking it to the axcrypt program would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#14027 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Mike,

Please check whether you had installed both the versions(1.x and 2.x) of AxCrypt app in your pc. If yes, uninstall the AxCrypt 1.x.

Still, you are facing the issue, please check whether your operating system has any pending updates? if yes, please update it to latest.

After trying all the steps, still, the problem exists, please write an email to support@axcrypt.net with a detailed error report.

Please follow the detailed instructions here to take the complete error report: https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/send-complete-error-report/ .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Can't open axcrypt file with double click outside of axcrypt program
Your information: