Forums Bugs & issues Can't open files anymore

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Claudio 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Claudio

Hi,

I am encountering a big issue and I am a little bit panicking honestly.

I have been using Axcrypt for long time now, free version, and today when i started a file I got the message

“cannot start application for C:\………. and the address of the file (i checked it in the appdata folder and this addres-file doesn’t exist.

I tried decrypting but it doesn’t work, the files can’t be open because excel says they re still encrypted. I tried moving them, copying them, to other locations, i upgraded to axcrypt2, I set automatic upgrade of the files…

Always the same error. I don’t know what else to do anymore, no files can be opened.

I have a backup on a usb file but it’s also encrypted. I can t access my files anymore and I desperately need them.

Thank you for your help

#14918 Reply

Claudio

I am really sorry, I just found out that the problem was related to some files I had deleted yesterday. I was cleaning all my Office related files from the pc as I was having issues with the licence, and I deleted libreoffice by mistake which is the one I use with axcrypt.

I just reinstalled it from scratch and now it is ok.

I can t delete the post by myself.

Thank you for your attention and congratulations for your application!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Can't open files anymore
Your information: