Forums Help & support Can't Receive Files

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Euan 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Natalie

Someone sent me files through this software.  I have downloaded the free trial using the email address listed above.  I do not see the files my client sent me. What else do I need to do to see these files?

#7774 Reply

Julian

If you were expecting some highly confidential (encrypted) files, that’s fine.

If you’re not expecting any files, don’t open them – this is standard computer practice.

If you know and trust the sender:

Download and install AxCrypt.

Type in your email address and a password you will never forget.

Check your email for a confirmation link.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Now double click on the files that they’ve sent you.</p>

#7776 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Natalie,

We don’t send files. We encrypt files, and share keys to files so they can be shared (by other means).

You’ll have to contact the person who wants you to send files.

AxCrypt has a key sharing feature letting you add recipients by email address, who when they receive the file can open it with their own AxCrypt password (that’s you, the recipient).

Key sharing embeds the shared key into the file. The file must thus first be key shared with the recipient, then sent or file shared (that’s the other person, the sender). Please note that AxCrypt does not share or send the actual file. To see a quick instructional video explaining how to use key sharing, please view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z3KOZD-Yks .

#7869 Reply

Jack

Hi,

I use the trial premium version and would like to create shared access. Through your forum I understood I have to create a list of authaurised email adresses that enables each of these people to open my encrypted files with their own password. Is that right?

In that thinking I tried to use the window “shared access”, but it did not work correctly :

1) I can only use the field “add a contact” to input an email adress

2) no button is working except the “share” button, and then I get the “unhandled exception” message

How can I create my list of email adresses?

Thanks & regards

#7870 Reply

Euan

First of all make sure you download the current version, from here.

Then watch this video and try again.

If you’re still having problems please send a screenshot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Can't Receive Files
Your information: