Forums Help & support Change email address?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Martin

My old email address will soon disappear. How do I get Axcrypt to recognize me with my new email?

#6967 Reply

Ben
    #10976 Reply

Larry

That is the same site I tried in the beginning.  It does NOT work! I enter my email address but it is waiting for input of “verify” code from email WHICH NEVER COMES!!

The old versions of Axcrypt worked like a dream.  I have never made the new versions run successfully in several years now!  I No Longer Recommend Axcrypt to anyone!!!\

Larry

#10978 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Larry,

It seems there’s more to the story! You’ve tried to sign in with three different email address (the same first part) at gmail.com, comcast.net and yahoo.com .

The reason for the gmail.com and comcast.net email not arriving is simply that you do not have an email with that address at gmail or comcast. Sorry, but not even we can send email to a non-existing email address!

It also seems that your sign-up with the yahoo.com address worked fine without trouble.

Good luck, and I hope that you’ll reconsider your recommendation to friends, but do tell everyone that it’s important to enter the right email address, one you actually can receive email to!

#11024 Reply

Larry

Hello Svante

Thanks for the reply.

The only problem I seem to have right now (and all along I believe) is that the “Verify” code never comes to my email.  I have search all my historical email and can only find your recent 3 emails to me.

Regarding the other 2 emails you say I have used but they dont exist, that is simply not true.  Those email addresses have existed for many years.

Maybe it would be easier if you just explain to me why I never receive a “Verify” code instead of making me feel stupid.  Or better yet, just let me open my files as I once did previously.

Thanks for your input

Larry

#11025 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Larry,

You’re not receiving the verification code to gmail, yahoo or comcast – because we can’t send email to them, because the respective servers tell us there is no such email address there.

You actually have succeeded in registering a yahoo.com account though, using your correct email.

The other three (gmail, yahoo and comcast) are misspelled.

Here are some excerpts from our logs of the sending email, so you can see what we’re seeing:

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: host mta7.am0.yahoodns.net [74.6.137.64]: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn’t have a yahoo.com account ([DELETED]@yahoo.com) [0] – mta4376.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[DELETED]@gmail.com>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.162.27]: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try\n550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient’s email address for typos or\n550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at\n550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser x90si5805431ljb.275 – gsmtp

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[DELETED]@comcast.net>: host mx1.comcast.net [96.114.157.80]: 550 5.1.1 Not our Customer

So, in summary:

yahoo says: “This user doesn’t have a yahoo.com account ([DELETED]@yahoo.com)”.

gmail says: “The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.”.

comcast says: “Not our Customer”.

I am really trying to explain why you never get the verification code! It’s because neither of the three providers used accept the mistyped email address.

If you look carefully at what you’re typing, you’ll see that the yahoo one that works has the letters ‘l’ in position X, and ‘c’ in position X+1. The three ones that do not work, have these letters switched, so there’s a ‘c’ in position X and ‘l’ in position X+1.

Your real email address is thus ?????lc????@yahoo.com (and possibly gmail.com and comcast.net as well).

The emails that don’t work are ????cl????@yahoo.com, @comcast.net and @gmail.com .

(The number of question marks do not reflect the real number of characters).

Please try again, and be really careful to check that the typing is correct. It’s an easy mistake to make, but it is the problem here.

#11036 Reply

Larry

Hello Svante

I guess all I can say is DUH!!

Sorry that I get frustrated so easily any more.

I only type that name about 100 times a day.   I didnt even see the mistake.

Thanks very much for your help.

#11038 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Larry,

I am just happy the problem has been resolved. As I said, it’s an easy mistake to make. You are not the first ;-)

Good luck!

#13315 Reply

Wayne Rutledge

I need to change my email address but cant find where to do this.  help

#13316 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Wayne,

To change the account email, sign in to https://account.axcrypt.net/en/Home/Login  and then under Settings | Email, set the new email.

There must not already be such an account. If there is, please delete it first.

#33178 Reply

John Sampson

I too. When I use the login link this goes to https://account.axcrypt.net/en but I see no “settings” option there.

#33192 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello John,

We have responded to your question via our support email. I would request you to please check your email.

“Please avoid sending the same query in different mediums. You may get the duplicate response”

#33196 Reply

John Sampson

I tried what you suggest but when I tried to confirm via the email I received there was a privacy error. I would attach a screenshot but your software will not allow it. Security certificate is from “mailgun.org” which is not accepted as proof that the recipient is email.mail.axcrypt.net – please advise, or can you make the change at your end? If I have to go through this kind of thing with every one of my accounts I will lose the will to live.

#33197 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello John,

We apologies! We would request you to send an email with an error screenshot to our support – support@axcrypt.net. We will check and get back to you as soon as possible.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Change email address?
Your information: