Forums Help & support Changed Password Only Accepted In Online Mode

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ax 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ax

AxCrypt 2.1.1598.0 – Installed Version – Windows 10 Pro 1909 64Bit

I recently changed my password, via my account page, and have noticed the desktop app will now often sign me out on its own. If I then try and sign in to the app, with my new password, it will only accept the new password if the app is set to online. In offline mode it rejects the new password, but accepts the old password.

Historically I have always used the app in Offline mode and never had any issues of this kind.

What do I need to do to ensure the app does not sign me out and will also accept the new password when the app is in offline mode?

Thank you.

#16735 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Ax,

We have tried to recreate the same scenario with our local environment. But not able to recreate the same.

Please try to clear the AxCrypt local contents by clicking the Reset button in the sign-in dialog or via the AxCrypt file menu File | Options | Clear All Settings & Restart.

Now log-in to the AxCrypt app with the latest(new) password. then you can activate the offline mode.

You have enabled the option Always Offline( File |Option |Always offline). Then check installed AxCrypt app changes to offline. Now you can use the AxCrypt app in offline.

Still, you are facing any issue, please provide detailed information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net. We are happy to help you.

#16736 Reply

Ax

Hello Prabhukumar R

I followed your instructions and the reset and sign in seems to have worked, so thank you.

Could you please explain the differences between the Always Offline and Online modes? When would online operation be the preferred choice?

Thank you, once again.

#16737 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Ax,

You can use the AxCrypt app in offline mode. AxCrypt will work without internet(offline) also. So no need internet to decrypt the encrypted files. For more information, please visit here https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/axcrypt-online-vs-offline/

If user login in the AxCrypt app-default AxCrytp app in online mode.

If the user chooses to work Online Mode, Now you are able to see the status on the AxCrypt application title bar Like–“AxCrypt Premium”.

If the user chooses to work offline Mode, Now you are able to see the status on the AxCrypt application title bar Like  –“AxCrypt Premium Offline”.

#16738 Reply

Ax

Hello Prabhukumar R

Thank you for the information and clarification.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Changed Password Only Accepted In Online Mode
Your information: