Forums Help & support Changing password

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Iain 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Salim

How can I change my password to access the folders and files, because I Forget my password. please help me because my files will be encrypted for ever.

#6274 Reply

Iain

If you lose or forget your password or key-file, your documents are lost. There is no back-door into AxCrypt. The only way to recover a lost password is to try all likely combinations.

AxCrypt is specifically engineered to counter brute force attacks, and does it rather well, so this will only work when the number of combinations to try is very small, let’s say less than a million.

NEVER, EVER, lose or forget your password. Encryption would be useless if you could reset your password. There is no way to reset it. You can only reset your account password so that you can encrypt new files. The old files are lost forever unless you remember your password.

Unfortunately unless you have an idea of what your password is then there’s nothing that can be done to help you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Changing password
Your information: