Forums Community Command line operation in version 2

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Dave

In the previous version I was able to setup a bat file to encrypt all the files in a folder using the following command: “C:\Program Files\AxCrypt\AxCrypt\AxCrypt” -z “C:\Excel\*.*”  Now when I run it, it pops open the AxCrypt login window and wants me to login again. And even if I do login it doesn’t encrypt the files.  Any suggestions?

#4074 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Dave,

The bad news is that we have not yet implemented a full command line with AxCrypt 2. There is still a command line, but it is a little limited and it’s really only intended for use by the Windows Explorer integration shell extension. You can actually encrypt files, if you sign in manually. We don’t have the command line documentation ready, but the switch is now –encrypt although I don’t think we actually support wild cards IIRC. Note the double-dash. As mentioned, no documentation – but you can check the source!

https://bitbucket.org/axantum/axcrypt-net/src/

Axantum.AxCrypt.Core/CommandLine.cs

The good news part 1 is that you might not need to, since we now have the feature called ‘Secured Folders’ where AxCrypt will monitor a folder for new files, and you can encrypt them all with a single click.

The good news part 2 is that we will make a real command line version of AxCrypt 2 which will be more capable and easier to use than version 1 – but we’re not there quite yet. Also, anyone with reasonable C# skills can integrate AxCrypt into any .NET program, or roll their own custom versions.

#14041 Reply

Alex Machina

Hi — it has been almost three years. When is the “good news” about command line options coming?

#14047 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Alex,

We do have a plan to develop command line option in AxCrypt 2.x. But based on our developers availability, it will get completed soon. Our developers are busy with developing and fixing major and high priority task/issues.

Sorry to say, We are not sure when we are going to do. But we will do the same in near future.

#16773 Reply

lapolis

Hi there, I was wondering if you managed to develop the comand line option in AxCrypt 2.x. in the past year. It would be very usefull to be able to encrypt/decrypt using command line.

#16780 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello lapolis,

We have responded to the same forum page. Please refer to the answer in this link https://forum.axcrypt.net/forums/topic/command-line-operation-in-version-2/#post-14047

#16782 Reply

lapolos

And what about the few comands accepted now? I cannot understand if the arg passphrase can accept special caracters. Alsto, I am not sure I am using those in the right way. Is it just for debugging for you? I need comand line args to crack a file using a wordlist. The axcrypt brute forcer you create is not optimised at all. Can you add the possibility to use a wordlist?

#16805 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello lapolos,

Sorry to say, Please explain in your question more details and write an email to support@axcrpypt.net

We do have a plan to develop command-line option in AxCrypt 2.x. Our developers are busy with developing and fixing major and high priority task/issues. Sorry to say, We are not sure when we are going to do. But we will do the same in near future.

#34596 Reply

Ronald Melian

<p>Hello,</p><p>Is ready the command-line option in version AxCrypt 2.1.1647?</p><p>Regards,</p>

#34618 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Ronald,

We do have a plan to develop command-line option in AxCrypt 2.x. We will add that feature in future versions of the AxCrypt app

#34670 Reply

Sirago

<p>New customer.  Command line is very important to my needs.  From the years of promises above it appears doubtful the subject capabilities will ever be incorporated in AxCrypt.   If limited capabilities already do exist then please, at least provide a simple users list of command for download. </p>

#34679 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Sirago,

Our team is effectively working on suggestions/requests/quires that comes from customers. Kindly accept our apologies as we would not be able to promise an exact timeline for this but we can assure you that we are working on it and soon it will be ready.

Your inputs are highly important for us so it would be great if you keep on sharing your suggestions. It will help us making our services better. I will surely update you when it will be ready.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Command line operation in version 2
Your information: