Forums Bugs & issues Confusion about passwords

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Euan

Read the reply you’ve already been provided James.

#7800 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello,

James has initiated a support case for this. (The most likely reason for the situation appears to be that folder 1 and folder 2 were encrypted at two different points in time, with a password *reset* between but it’s an ongoing case.)

#8119 Reply

Wagner

ello, I needed to reinstall my Win 10 on my laptop and all programs again. After installing AXCRYPT 2.1.154 I started with my password and I had normal access …. but when I went to open encrypted files in June 2016, it did not work. appears on the screen to enter the password again and when I put the same password the program says “YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH THIS PASSWORD” and so on. I can not open the file. What should I do? Reinstall the program I had in 2016, I do not even know which version.
    It was the same with our friend James who reported the problem on September 7, 2017 at 3:43 pm.
    I’m waiting, thank you.
    2 password

#8120 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Wagner,

Your problem has nothing to do with the versions of AxCrypt installed. It has to do with the fact that you (probably inadvertently) used a different or mistyped a password for the files you encrypted in June 2016.

Since you’re signed in with a password, and that does not work for these files, AxCrypt will ask for the file password. When you then enter the same password that you’re already signed in with, that won’t help and that’s what the message is for.

You need to remember what password you used in June 2016.

This is one of the reasons we’ve changed AxCrypt 2 to use a single, verified, password – to minimize the risk of this situation happening.

#11792 Reply

Ray H

I am now using KeePass 2.40.  If I buy AxCrypt can I import data from Keepass.

Thank You, Ray

#11863 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Ray!

Sorry, we don’t have a direct import from Keepass yet. It’s something we’d like to have in the future, but not yet.

#13519 Reply

Dharmandra Varma

<p style=”text-align: left;”>i am in problim of passwoard</p>

#13541 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Dharmandra,

AxCrypt will allow the users to decrypt the encrypted file with the original password which is used for encryption.

Unfortunately, if you do not know the password for an AxCrypt-encrypted file you cannot open it, even if you can sign in to the account. This is by design, it’s just this situation that AxCrypt is made for and it works like this even if you actually are the original owner of the file.

If you think you almost know the password, we have simple software allowing you to try to find your password, and you can download the most recent version from https://account.axcrypt.net/Download/AxBruteForce.exe and read of how to use it at https://forum.axcrypt.net/axcrypt-brute-force/ . Please note that we cannot provide support beyond this

If you do not remember the password to your account, you can always reset it. This is not a way to recover encrypted files! It’s only to allow you to sign in to the AxCrypt app and web. The new password will be used to encrypt new files. Go to https://account.axcrypt.net/Home/PasswordReset to do this, or you can also go there from AxCrypt with File | Options | Password Reset.

For more info about Password change and reset: https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/password-reset-axcrypt/

AxCrypt is file encryption with no backdoor, that means AxCrypt do not store user’s account password, anywhere.

Please note: Always take a regular backup or keep a separate copy of your important files.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Confusion about passwords
Your information: