Forums Help & support Context Menu Does Not Appear

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Derek Pryce

I’m using the free version of Axcrypt v2 succssfully (and have been using it for nearly 2 years). However recently the right-click context menu does not appear at all for either files or folders.

The features of Axcrypt are all working propery, it’s just that I cannot get the context menu to appear.

My Windows 10 is fully up-todate, using latest Bitdefender, and all my other application context menus are working properly.

Any help would be appreciated

#11544 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Derek,

If it used to work, and now doesn’t, something must have changed. You may want to try to uninstall, and re-install the distribution.

If that doesn’t work, some other shell extension may be the problem.

#11545 Reply

Derek Pryce

Dear Svante,

I tried the re-installation of the latest version of the software. But made no difference.  An ex- Microsoft friend suggested I install a Shell-Extension-Manager utility from the website  http://www.nirsoft.net (full of useful utilities but needs careful use), and found out that the Axcrypt Shell Extensions were not enabled.  I enabled them and the problem was solved.  To this day I don’t know why the extensions were not enabled during installation of Axcrypt.

#11546 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Derek,

Great! I was probably going to suggest the nirsoft software as the next step – it’s very useful to understand why shell extensions are not working as expected. I have no idea either why they would be disabled, especially after a re-install.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Context Menu Does Not Appear
Your information: