Forums Community Decrypting folders/files in Dropbox with a Surface 3

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Another Mike

I am trialing Premium and have encrypted a couple of folders in my Dropbox account successfully.

I have also looked at these folders in Dropbox using my Surface 3. Obviously, because they are encrypted they show in Explorer as empty folders with no files visible. Excellent from a security point of view.

However, is it possible – perhaps by installing AxCrypt on the Surface 3 (it runs Windows 10) to decrypt them in Dropbox from there? I appreciate that they are not visible but perhaps if the app is installed on the Surface 3 they will show in the management dialog box.

Hope I’m making myself clear. It would be very useful to be able to decrypt and then encrypt files while on the move.

Incidentally after only a couple of hours playing with the app it seems relatively easy to understand – even for me.

#4261 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Mike,

From what I understand, the Surface 3 runs a full Windows 10 and all windows software including desktop apps should run. This would include AxCrypt, although we’ve not tested this.

I don’t really see why you’d see the folders as empty – the files really should be there! I think you’re not synchronizing the files out to the tablet.

There should be no harm in installing AxCrypt – you can always uninstall it. Also, you can start with downloading the portable / standalone version which does not require installation (but neither does it integrate into Explorer either). Get it at http://www.axcrypt.net/download/.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Decrypting folders/files in Dropbox with a Surface 3
Your information: