Forums Help & support Delete .axx for read file(video)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Reza.vj

Hi there
    I have porblem with ur app
    I crype my some videos and another day i just delete the (.axx) pass and edite the file name
    Exp: reza1-mp4.axx to reza1.mp4
    But just now it is cryptet file and no app can not open it.
    I need to see my videos but i cant
    Plz help me how fix my videos plzzzz
    Best regards

#9311 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Reza.vj,

I’m not sure what you’re saying. It sounds like you’re saying that you renamed ‘reza1-mp4.axx’ to ‘reza1.mp4’.

What did you expect would happen if that is what you did?

What will happen is that if you try to open it, it’ll try to do so using the video player registered for .mp4-files. That will fail badly, because it’s not an mp4 file. It’s an encrypted AxCrypt file, and the player will probably give you an error message saying it can’t play the video.

#9315 Reply

reza.vj

yes yes exactly

i open video and play give me error about file.

now what can i do?

#9324 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello reza.vj,

If you “renamed ‘reza1-mp4.axx’ to ‘reza1.mp4’” you’ll have to rename it back, and then decrypt it using AxCrypt first.

As I wrote: What will happen is that if you try to open it, it’ll try to do so using the video player registered for .mp4-files. That will fail badly, because it’s not an mp4 file. It’s an encrypted AxCrypt file, and the player will probably give you an error message saying it can’t play the video.

#9355 Reply

Anonymous

program error

i do exactly what u say before but i get this error

#9398 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello,

Then you did not do what you said you did – you did not rename ‘reza1-mp4.axx’ to ‘reza1.mp4’.

You should never change the extension, but what you appeared to say was that you had – and then you have to change it back. That does not seem to be what has happened though, so it’s hard to help you out here.

But, there’s something strange still here. The file is now named “.mp4-vl2.axx” – where did ‘vl2’ come from!?

#9400 Reply

Reza.vj

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Its not important because it was one of my files.</p>
    There is mp4 files and this method u say before didn’t work.

Any way .vl2 is for my video locker

For phone app(android)

#9454 Reply

Reza.vj

Hello again

Mr.Svante

What’s up?

#9455 Reply

Humphrey

Reza.vj you need to take your computer to a local repair shop.

This isn’t a problem with AxCrypt.

#9459 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Reza.vj,

I think we’ve hit the end of the road here. It’s hard to tell just what the problem is, but it doesn’t seem to be an AxCrypt problem as such. Your descriptions of the situations are somewhat confusing, and I think you might want to take Humphreys advice and get some professional help with the whole situation,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Delete .axx for read file(video)
Your information: