Forums Community Does v1.7 work in WIndows 10?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gabriel De Benedictis 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Pascal

hi,

I have been using axcrypt for a while. I now will upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I wanted to know if v1.7 works in Windows 10.

Thanks.

(I don’t want to upgrade to axcrypt 2, mainly because we have one family computer, and I don’t want to start using different Windows accounts just to make sure our kids can’t access our encrypted files – that is what I understand from v2.)

#3424 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello,

Yes, AxCrypt 2.1 and 1.7 works fine on Windows 10.

You should regardless use different accounts for your family members, both for convenience and some aspects of security – even within the famile. Different accounts separates not only AxCrypt, but e-mail, browsing history etc etc.

Also, you can absolutely use AxCrypt with a single Windows account if you insist, as long as you either sign-out (like you need to do with for example e-mail), or just just let the screen saver go active.

Regards,

Svante

#3426 Reply

Pascal

Thank you for your quick reply and for the good news about v1.7.

Given that we only encrypt 3 files (0ne with my personal data, one with my wife’s personal data [those two share the same password] and one with the personal data of my sister-in-law for when she uses our computer), using v1.7 continues to be much simpler for us.

But I will remember what you say about v2 if we ever start using different accounts.

And thank you for your software. It’s the only encryption software I have ever used, so I can’t really compare it to others, but it does exactly what we need it to do.

#14055 Reply

Gabriel De Benedictis

I am also upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I’m wondering what the pros and cons are going to be? Also, does AxCrypt have an option to create a hidden operating system?

Thanks in advance,
    Gabe

#14061 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Gabriel,

AxCrypt will not differ from the operating system versions. So we can see the same user interface and features in windows 7 and 10. AxCrypt will be same in both windows versions.

If you go for mac os, then also you will get same features with slightly different user interface.

Nope,  AxCrypt do not have an option to create a hidden operating system. Because it is a file encryption software. It will help us to secure our files.

#14066 Reply

Gabriel De Benedictis

Thanks for letting me know, appreciate it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Does v1.7 work in WIndows 10?
Your information: