Forums Help & support Does version 2 support Linux users?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Azhaguraja B 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Nora

i’m currently using Linux as the main OS and it seemed that your software is great, please don’t suggest me Wine instead :D thanks

#7891 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Nora,

Sorry, but right now there is no official support for Linux. For what it’s worth, the last time I checked the Windows-version was actually runnable albeit a bit ugly on Linux when compiled using the MonoDevelop etc.

For the future if there’s sufficient interest we may see if it’s possible to port the Mac-version to MonoDevelop and Linux. On of the problems with Linux is the fragmentation of distributions. One doesn’t just support Linux. There’s no such thing. There are a zillion different Linux-distributions. We’d literally have to support perhaps a dozen builds and then test them… Doesn’t seem likely to happen unless someone sponsors the development and maintenance unfortunately.

A third option is that someone from the community pitches in and uses our open source to build a Linux version and the various distribution support required.

#7892 Reply

Ron

Nora – if you’re using Linux you’ve got plenty of options including EncFS, GPG2 and OpenSSL.

Good though AxCrypt is, it’s primarily targeted for Windows and Mac users.

Linux has a variety of excellent default encryption utilities so there’s really no need for AxCrypt. If you want to be able to transfer files to/from Windows/Mac then use GPG.

#11683 Reply

Giorgio

How am I supposed to open .axx files when I use my linux laptop if there is no linux version?

#12108 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Giorgio,

Sorry to say, There is no way to open/decrypt the encrypted files in linux because we dont have AxCrypt app in linux version.

Please use windows, mac or mobile apps to access the encrypted files.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  Azhaguraja B.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Does version 2 support Linux users?
Your information: