Forums Community encrypt files in folders & subfolders

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Roger 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Svante
    Spectator

Hi William,

You write: “Nobody can then blame AxCrypt if they lose their data“.

The unfortunate fact is that this happens on a daily basis in various similar situations, most commonly forgotten passwords.

Therefore, we’ll be requiring a user to enter the password again when changing options. We’ll still be getting some angry users blaming AxCrypt when they encrypted C:\Windows…

Thanks for your input!

#5510 Reply

Ron

Hi – just adding my chorus to those who want subfolder encryption included as a feature or option. William makes a good suggestion. I would go so far as to say that this feature may  determine whether my organization buys Axcrypt after the trial  period is over.

Thanks.

#5519 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Thanks Ron,

Noted!

#5684 Reply

albatros

I’m confused. Actually If I encrypt a directory using the contextual command “Encrypt” then it recursively encrypts everything. If I add a directory to “Secured Folders” it only encrypt automatically 1st level files.

From what I’m reading in this thread and considering the set-and-forget concept behind Secured Folders feature I’d expect to be the contrary. I really need a clarification.

#5686 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Albatros,

Yes, you’re right. It *is* a bit confusing… But that is how it works right now. We’ll be changing this. Thanks!

#6419 Reply

skipro

What is happening to the recursive development? When can it be expected. I have clients waiting for this feature and I have to keep putting them off.

Thank you.

#6420 Reply

Cyborg

skipro

It looks like it’s nearly ready according to their development website.

https://bitbucket.org/axantum/axcrypt-net/pull-requests/22/191-add-option-for-recursive-operation/commits

#6421 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Cyborg & skipro,

Development is finished, and there’s just some testing to be done before release, planned next week. Just so it doesn’t come as a surprise, this feature is a part of the Premium Plan.

#6422 Reply

Cyborg

I’m a standard user but it’ll be worth the upgrade for me.

When you release the new version next week I’ll pay for the upgrade then.

It’s been a long time coming.

#6454 Reply

skipro

How will we know when it is available? Where on the web site will the new info regarding this feature be displayed or added?

#6456 Reply

Roger

skipro, it’s available now.

Download it from here.

https://forum.axcrypt.net/download/

#6457 Reply

Roger
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
Reply To: encrypt files in folders & subfolders
Your information: