Forums Bugs & issues encrypted file will not open

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Laurence Evans 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

john lydon

I have a file encrypted with axcrypt which will not open at all. when I try to open the file nothing at all happens – no error messages or anything just nothing happens! had been working fine for years before this – any ideas?

#10763 Reply

Wahl

Hello,

Did you change anything on your system ? Did you change the security on the file ? Have you reinstalled Axcrypt ?

Which version is it ? Have you checked the drive ?

#10776 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello john,

Can you send a screen shot of how it looks like when you try to open the file (yes, I hear you’re saying nothing happens, but we’d like to see what it looks like before)?

#10778 Reply

john lydon

seems to be working fine again – I think it was a registry error.

#10781 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello john,

Just what registry error would that be? For future reference…

#10795 Reply

john lydon

can’t remember exactly – something to do with an invalid signature.

#10796 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello john,

Thanks, but unfortunately that didn’t help at all. I was thinking if you had a “registry error”, you did something to fix it. But if you did get a message about an invalid signature, that either sounds like AxCrypt 1.x, or something completely different.

Anyway, happy it works for you.

#10879 Reply

Laurence Evans

I have the same problem today. It seems dead. I cannot access all my passwords!

#10884 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Laurence,

Try to uninstall and re-install the AxCrypt app again and try to do the same.

If this will not help, please provide more information or send a mail to support@axcrypt.net with the detailed information of the issue.

If you can send a screenshot showing where the problem is, it often helps us understand.

#10887 Reply

Laurence Evans

Hi

I rebooted my computer. Usually I only enter the password – this time I was asked for user name and then password.

After that it worked.

Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: encrypted file will not open
Your information: