Forums Help & support Encrypting folders

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Ian

Have just loaded the swre and have a few queries …..

1. Can you confirm that the swre should encrypt all files and folders within a folder for which encryption is requested.

2. Will the software encrypt .pdf and other image files

Tks

#7418 Reply

John

1 – If you’re a premium customer you can designate a whole folder as Secured Folder. AxCrypt will also watch the folder and automatically encrypt anything new put in there. If you’re a free customer you can still encrypt everything but you will need to select them all manually; or use right click in Windows Explorer. AxCrypt won’t encrypt folders within folders unless you choose the Include Subfolders option.

2 – AxCrypt encrypts any file.

#7421 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Thanks John!

One clarification – the free version will encrypt subfolders within folders if selected from Windows Explorer. For AxCrypt to work with subfolders in folders from itself, including the Secure Folder function, Premium and the Include Subfolders option to be enabled is indeed required.

#7430 Reply

Scott

I have a question related to this. When you encrypt an entire folder, is there a way for the “rename” feature to rename the folder name and sub folders names along with the filenames.

#7431 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Scott,

Sorry, no you’ll have to rename the folders yourself. The reason is that with files, we can keep the original file name encrypted inside the encrypted file. But we don’t have any where to place the folder name, so it would be irreversible.

#7432 Reply

Scott

Ok, thank you for the response.

#10480 Reply

Dennis H.

So I’m a bit of an IT simpleton.  I just want a software system that allows me to encrypt a folder and its many subfolders.  If I download the Free version of AxCrypt, can I encrypt a folder and will the subfolders also be encrypted?

What’s this point made above about having Windows Explorer?  Why would I need a browser to encrypt folders on my hard drive?

#12726 Reply

Lanfranco CAU

Hey,

in the premium version would it be possible to remove encryption to folders and subfolders as well to rename automatically all files to their original name ?

Thanks a lot

#12772 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Lanfranco,

Yes, With AxCrypt Premium user’s can encrypt/decrypt the folders and sub-folders as well.  AxCrypt renamed encrypted file(s) in  the folder will be decrypted into original state, means the exact copy of the original file. Also the file name(s) are restored back to original file name(If Anonymous Rename applied).

AxCrypt secures files, individually. However, you can designate folders as ‘secured’. The folders will be monitored for new files, and AxCrypt will secure all new files with a single click, or when you sign out.

You can also select multiple files, including all files in a folder, to be secured in a single operation. They still remain individual files, and the folder itself is not secured, just the files in it.

#15266 Reply

Vernon Stewart

I am a Premium user.  I thought I had designated my “Documents” folder (and therefore, all its subfolders) as “Secured”.  However, every time I save a new file (Excel, Word, etc.) to a Documents subfolder (which already contains encrypted files), the file is saved in its native format (Excel, Word, etc.) and then saved unencrypted to my OneDrive account on the cloud.  I want my files encrypted first and THEN saved to OneDrive.  I thought Axcrypt was supposed to monitor the “secured” directories and encrypt any new files that are saved there?

#15268 Reply

Oshine

Hello

I am having the same issue as the user from Jan. 25th.

Windows 10, Premium User

Added a secure folder and nothing in there is being automatically encrypted. New added files to the folder are also not being auto encrypted.

How can I get this to work as expected?

Regards

#15272 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Vernon Stewart & Oshine,

AxCrypt is really detecting the files and secure your files in  OneDrive.

If the file in fact is located in a folder designated as “Secured”, it will soon be re-encrypted again since those folders are monitored for unencrypted files and will encrypt them when you sign out, or click the “Broom” clean up icon.

After synchronizing your  OneDrive files to your local, just encrypt those with the AxCrypt app. Once again sync your local with  OneDrive.

Still, you are asking any issues, please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

#15398 Reply

Davo67

So is there any way to automate the encryption?

I’m trialing the software for use on our network by a few “management types”.  I doubt they’ll think to click the broom icon, meaning the files will never be encrypted.

Is this available as an option on the business version?

TBH find this very strange that it doesn’t do this by default and probably a deal-breaker for us (unless of course the business version works correctly (well what I think is correctly))

#15415 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Davo67,

“Please avoid sending a same query in different mediums. You may get duplicate response.”

AxCrypt secures files, individually. However, you can designate folders as ‘secured’. The folders will be monitored for new files, and AxCrypt will secure all new files with a single click, or when you sign out.

If the file in fact is located in a folder designated as “Secured”, it will soon be re-encrypted again since those folders are monitored for unencrypted files and will encrypt them when you sign out, or click the “Broom” clean up icon.

AxCrypt 2 uses a more robust method for the automatic re-encryption, which sometimes means you as the user have to tell AxCrypt to do it. You’ll see this by the “broom” icon becoming red. This indicates there’s something in need of “clean up”, i.e. re-encryption.

Is this option available in the Business version?—this option available in both version premium and business.

Still, you are asking any issues, please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Encrypting folders
Your information: