Forums Bugs & issues Encryption halted

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mats Järnmalm
    1. Yesterday the powersupply webt out in our house. When I start up my server all my (secured) folders where decrypted (see the screenshot) and open for anyone if my computor was stolen. This make this program useless if I want to be protected, dont you agree?
    2. I also discover what as I seeas a big problem. Certain files, if they are in use they will stay unprotected (encryptation will stop) if logged out or even when windows is restarted . That means for example that my databases is unprotected if my computor is stolen or taken over. This is not acceptable. You have to fix so that you can exklude certain files (filesending) or… that the system dont care about this error. In my case, a MDB database create a “lockfile” while I´m working with it while it is processing something  (for example “databasename-ldb.1.axx”) and there Axcrypt is halted an does not secure the rest of files in the folders.
    #15004 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Mats,

We already responded to you via support email and please do not send the same query in multiple windows. Anyway, I will copy the same here too.

1) If the system suddenly shuts down and somebody took that system when the files are decrypted: AxCrypt is a user-mode software and It is running on the operating system. The app(not only AxCrypt) will get cleared/exited when the operating system forcefully shuts down. In this case, How the AxCrypt application will work? Because the system itself closed forcefully. So, If the files are not secured and the system went to shut down, sorry to say the AxCrypt app will not handle this situation. Your unencrypted files will be unencrypted state only.

2) Yes, I agree, AxCrypt will not continue the encryption/decryption process if it gets an exception. We are already working on the issue and the same will get released as soon as possible.

#18442 Reply

Jonathan Trott

The process of encryption hides data or the contents of a message in such a way that the original information can be recovered. ABC Flooring NJ

#18449 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Jonathan,

Sorry to say, Please explain in your question more detailed information and screenshot and write an email to support@axcrypt.net.

#19451 Reply

Mats Järnmalm

The problem with halted encryption when axcrypt gets an exception, this is still an unsolved problem.
    axcrypt don’t save last path for adding folders. This causes problem if you by mistake select “Remove protection permanent”. Ff you have selected multiple folders, files this is not so fun. You should have to fill in your password to remove protection.

Sincerely, Mats Järnmalm

#19485 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Mats,

Please explain the more detailed information about the issue also some screenshots. we are trying to find the issue and fix the issue as soon as possible. Also you can write an email to our support team support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Encryption halted
Your information: