Forums Help & support Error: is not an AxCrypt file.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

P.Petrov

Hello, i receiving error when i try to open txt file with passwords, i use the same file long time and today when i try to open it there was error:

” is not an AxCrypt file.

The file was always encrypted with axcrypt – i dont know why now stops working. There are all my passwords and i not have another backup.

The app version is: 2.1.1399.0, but the file is encrypted with version 1, there was no problems till today.
    The algorithm is: AES-128-V1

I tried to open other files which are encrypted in the same was – they work normally

Report Snapshot:

———– Exception at 2016-07-18 16:20:33Z ———–
    Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.Runtime.FileFormatException: No magic Guid was found.
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.Header.Headers.LoadFromReader(AxCryptReaderBase vxReader)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.Header.Headers.CreateReader(LookAheadStream inputStream)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.AxCryptFactory.CreateDocument(IEnumerable`1 decryptionParameters, Stream inputStream)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.AxCryptFactory.FindDecryptionParameter(IEnumerable`1 decryptionParameters, IDataStore encryptedFileInfo)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.Extensions.DataStoreExtensions.TryFindPassphrase(IDataStore fileInfo, Guid& cryptoId)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.TryFindDecryptionKey(IDataStore fileInfo, FileOperationEventArgs e)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<OpenAxCryptDocumentAsync>d__49.MoveNext()
    — End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<DecryptAndLaunchPreparationAsync>d__44.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<RunSequentiallyAsync>d__53.MoveNext()
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<DoFileAsync>d__52.MoveNext()
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<DecryptAndLaunchAsync>d__35.MoveNext()
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.ViewModel.FileOperationViewModel.<OpenEncryptedWorkAsync>d__67.MoveNext()

———– Exception at 2016-07-18 16:20:33Z ———–
    Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.Runtime.FileFormatException: No magic Guid was found.
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.Header.Headers.LoadFromReader(AxCryptReaderBase vxReader)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.Header.Headers.CreateReader(LookAheadStream inputStream)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.AxCryptFactory.CreateDocument(IEnumerable`1 decryptionParameters, Stream inputStream)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.AxCryptFactory.FindDecryptionParameter(IEnumerable`1 decryptionParameters, IDataStore encryptedFileInfo)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.Extensions.DataStoreExtensions.TryFindPassphrase(IDataStore fileInfo, Guid& cryptoId)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.TryFindDecryptionKey(IDataStore fileInfo, FileOperationEventArgs e)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<OpenAxCryptDocumentAsync>d__49.MoveNext()
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<DecryptAndLaunchPreparationAsync>d__44.MoveNext()
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<RunSequentiallyAsync>d__53.MoveNext()
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<DoFileAsync>d__52.MoveNext()
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<DecryptAndLaunchAsync>d__35.MoveNext()
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.ViewModel.FileOperationViewModel.<OpenEncryptedWorkAsync>d__67.MoveNext()

#3778 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello!

Can you send a screen shot showing Windows Explorer and all the normal columns for the file (modified, type, size) in “Details” view pleaase?

If you do not want to publish the name of the file or a screen shot here, either edit it or send an email to svante dott seleborg att axcrypt dott net .

Svante

#3779 Reply

P.Petrov

I send you email with the screenshots

#3780 Reply

P.Petrov

The problem happens after restart of the computer for Windows Update, it was not force restart – everything was closed before that.

btw: i found backup file which was several days old and its OK, i will make more regular backups of the files to ensure in case the there is the same problem again.

#3781 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Backups are always the right thing, regardless of encryption or not.

It sounds very unlikely that the Windows restart had anything to do with it, as described by you.

In the private email I sent you I asked about the exact sequence of events, and also what interaction if any you’ve had with AxCrypt 1.7 or earlier with this particular file.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Error: is not an AxCrypt file.
Your information: