Forums Help & support Exception Issue

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

MARY49

Hi
    When I click on left button in windows 10 explorer I have the message
    ‘Exception en cours de traitement de ‘D\…….. (chemin et nom du fichier)
    and the fonction open by application default does not work
    if I click on right button, I am able to Crypt Decrypt Open with and so
    It was not working that in the previous version (also with windows 10)
    I red some topics about NTFS but I dont understand that I have to do to recover the same state than in version 1
    Thank four your Help
    Best regards

#3025 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello,

Can you please post a screen shot?

Best regards,

Svante

#3026 Reply

MARY49

I don’t know how I can join the capture that I did
    Thanks to help me
    best regards

#3027 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Sorry,

Send an e-mail with the image to support at acrypt dot net .

Regards,

Svante

#3028 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello,

From the screen shot I see that you are running version 2.1.1388. Version 2.1.1389 (or later) has some improvements in the error handling and reporting that might help here. I’m not positive, but as always you should always be using the most recent version ;-)

Upgrade and try again, and we’ll see if there’s any difference in behavior.

One possible reason is that the file is read-only, or that you do not have permissions to access it.

Can you send a screen shot of the folder in questionin Windows Explorer as well?

Also can you confirm that I have understood you correctly in that you *can* decrypt it, by right-clicking and selecting “AxCrypt | Decrypt” ? Can you also confirm that you *can* open it in a picture viewer after you have decrypted it?

#3031 Reply

MARY49

Hi

Yes I confirm that everything works well with the right button

I can crypt, decryp, ouvrir avec le default program (xn view for png, powerpoint for pptx, idem for pdf)

just before the left button opened the files following their extensions directly if they where not crypted with is not the case now

the message is allways displayed for crypted or not crypted files

Best regards

#3032 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello,

Why is the file named “RDG-F1507004.jpg”, (ending with .jpg) and why does it have an AxCrypt Icon?

It looks like you have done the following:

1 – Renamed the file from “RDG-F1507004-jpg.axx” to “”RDG-F1507004.jpg”
    2 – Associated “.jpg” with AxCrypt. That’s very wrong. AxCrypt opens AxCrypt-encrypted files, not images.

You never did answer the following:

Also can you confirm that I have understood you correctly in that you *can* decrypt it, by right-clicking and selecting “AxCrypt | Decrypt” ? Can you also confirm that you *can* open it in a picture viewer after you have decrypted it?

I suspect that you *can* decrypt it, but you cannot open *any* .jpg-file in your computer. If so, this is *not* an AxCrypt issue.

Svante

#3033 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Can you really open non-encrypted .jpg-files? You mention .png, but this is about .jpg.

This question remains unanswered: Why is the file named “RDG-F1507004.jpg”, (ending with .jpg) and why does it have an AxCrypt Icon?

Best regards,

Svante

#3034 Reply

MARY49

To comment your message :

The file RDG-F1507004.jpg is not crypted and normally before when I click with the left button, the file was open in XN view which is the default program of this extension, like png too. So your remark about the association of jpg with not axx extension is not my fact, it is automatic with the right button !!! and I don’t know why ?

In other hand, If I click on the right button on try with the same files and choose open with xnview, it is open correctly without any message from Axcrypt

So even if the files does not have any axx extension, the Axcrypt message is displayed (I try to rename as you said in RDG-F1507004-jpg.axx unfortunately with the same message. This kind of dysfunction was appears just after install version 2

Best regards

#3035 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello,

You wrote: “In other hand, If I click on the right button on try with the same files and choose open with xnview, it is open correctly without any message from Axcrypt“.

From this I gather that the file is in fact not encrypted! AxCrypt should give a better message of course, but that seems to be the main problem.

You also wrote: “So even if the files does not have any axx extension, the Axcrypt message is displayed (I try to rename as you said in RDG-F1507004-jpg.axx unfortunately with the same message. This kind of dysfunction was appears just after install version 2

Not really sure what you mean here, but there is one thing that is very, very certain. AxCryt did *not* assocate .jpg with itself. It cannot do so. It does not have the code to do so. It *only* assoicates with .axx. I am *very* sure that this is caused by a manual action by yourself. Probably you lost or did not have any association for .jpg, and then windows asked you what you wanted to open the file with, and then you picked AxCrypt.

Finally you wrote: “I try to rename as you said in RDG-F1507004-jpg.axx“.

This of course is a really bad idea, since it appears that the problem was the other way around. The file is simply not encrypted, but you have associated AxCrypt with .jpg, causing the whole problem. Renaming it to .axx as under the assumption that the file really was encrypted, and you had renamed it before. But that does not appear to be the problem here.

In any case, it seemst like the main problem here is that you have .jpg associated with AxCrypt. Please google and find out how to change that association to your viewer of choice, probably XN View that you have mentioned.

That will cause that file to open (because it’s not encrypted, it’s just a plain image file)! This appears not to be an AxCrypt issue, but rather a misconfiguration in your PC. However, I may be wrong, but it looks that way from what you’ve told me so far.

Regards,

Svante

#3040 Reply

MARY49

Hi

According your answer, I look the association files in Windows 10

I discovered that all images files (jpg, png, bmp, img) were associated with Axcrypt, I change them and every thing is working well now

The problem was happen just after the installation of Axcrypt and the question about the password (I did twice because the first I type a wrong character)

I don’ now at all how I did this strange change

But anyway, thank you very much for your help which fixe my problem

Best regards

#3041 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Great!

Glad to hear it all worked out for you, and thank you for helping us identifying an area of improvement. We’ve logged an issue to be fixed soon that should provide a better error message should this situation occur for someone else.

Good luck!

Regards,

Svante

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Exception Issue
Your information: