Forums Bugs & issues feature request

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Carl Wibom

Two feature requests that would be nice to have:

1) the possibility to ignore specified sub-directories (similar to .gitignore)

2) some feedback in the GUI that informs on which files are processed, and how many are left to process

Regards,

/Carl

#14611 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Carl Wibom,

1) AxCrypt is a File encryption software. It’s not a  folder encryption software. it not encrypting the entire folder. it just encrypting the inside the file(s).

you can achieve the same. Instead of adding the parent folder, just add the selected(which you wish to secure) subfolders to the secured folders list.

For example, Consider A is a parent folder and it has subfolders B and C.  B and C have 2 subfolders each, named 1 and 2.

If you wish to encrypt Only C folder files. Then just add the C folder into the secured folders list.

If you do not want to secure the subfolders 1 and 2 of parent folder C, then you have to disable the Include subfolder feature. If Include subfolder enabled, AxCrypt will encrypt all the subfolder’s files.

Include a subfolder feature designed to encrypt the subfolders’ files of the secured parent folder(s). If you do not want to secure subfolder files then just disable the feature. Also, You can keep the folders separately as per your need. Sorry to say, there are no other options.

Currently, we are not planning to develop this feature. maybe in the future to develop this feature.

2) We have already completed the issue and deployed stage, we will release it in the near feature.

#15678 Reply

Tien Pham

Is it possible that AXCRYPT asks for the key whenever someone decrypts files?

Say, if I have signed out. If I want to encrypt bunch of files, I select all and encrypt them. Now, if I want to decrypt these files, I have to enter the key or sign-in password. In other words, asking for a key is the default setting. If signing in, that will allow one to encrypt files, but not decrypting them.

Right now, as long as i am signing in, someone will potentially decrypt the files (because I am still signing in.) This feature will allow AXCRYPT application to be sign in whenever internet connection is estabished.

#15705 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Tien Pham,

AxCrypt 2.x use a single sign on model where the same password is used to sign in to our servers and to protect your files.

No way to access the encrypted file without sign in the AxCrypt app or without file password nobody to open the encrypted file.

If someone know your system password, so you can sign out the AxCrypt app manually.

AxCrypt 2 works just like your email software or most other password-protected systems. You sign in once and remain signed in until signed out. Just like you can read many emails without entering the password every time, AxCrypt will do the same. The files are still encrypted, but your password is remembered until you sign out of AxCrypt.

AxCrypt stays signed in until signed out, just like most similar applications such as your email. Once signed in, you can read, write and update information without having to re-enter the password, until signed out. AxCrypt will automatically sign out when the screen saver goes active(based on the Inactivity Sign Out configuration), or you can sign out manually.

You can use our Inactivity Sign Out feature, to sign out the AxCrypt app on certain time interval of inactivity. Also you can sign out the AxCrypt app, when opened the encrypted file(s). Now AxCrypt will ask the user to enter the sign in password to sign in to the AxCrypt app. For Inactivity Sign Out, File | Options | Inactivity Sign Out | Choose duration in minutes.

For Inactivity Sign Out, File | Options | Inactivity Sign Out | Choose duration in minutes.

Still, if you are facing any issues/queries, please write to Support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you.

#15709 Reply

Tien Pham

“You can use our Inactivity Sign Out feature, to sign out the AxCrypt app on certain time interval of inactivity. Also you can sign out the AxCrypt app, when opened the encrypted file(s). Now AxCrypt will ask the user to enter the sign in password to sign in to the AxCrypt app. For Inactivity Sign Out, File | Options | Inactivity Sign Out | Choose duration in minutes“

I forget to mention that the decryption/encryption again occurs in milliseconds! By the time you sign out, it already finishes!

In my case, I have to turn the internet connection on and off regularly so I can do other things (without internet connection or without being tracked!)

Your solution doesn’t help! I have tried it already!

#15712 Reply

Tien Pham

For some reason, my first reply went to nowhere! I didn’t see it on the forum!

Basically, your argument is valid if and only if (iff) it’s on different PC/laptop. For example, if I am  on PC A and encrypt a file. Another party is on PC B, and yeah, that party can’t read my doc.

But if that party is on the same PC A as I am, that party can decrypt my doc, read or copy it (because I have signed in all these time). And that occurs very quick, you are talking about millisecond range, without me knowing it.

That happens in today’s internet. The ad agencies track you down for tailoring the ads to your preference. They execute their codes on YOUR PC (PC A), having used your own expense!

In my case, I have been tracked heavily. Whatever I do, visit a website, download a video on YouTube, you name it, everybody knows. So I have to encrypt my files. But recently, I find that Axcrypt has a flaw!

The flaw is, if I sign in, and keep signing in, I run into the scenario of dealing EVERYTHING on my laptop. Thus, encryption is virtually useless! My files can still be read or copied!

I have try temporary signing out, but that is not so convenient, because I turn on-off the internet connection very often, in order not to establish any internet connection, so that I can not be tracked!

For example, if I have to write something using Word, I turn off the internet connection, write it, then move the doc to an external drive, then delete the doc on PC A, and then turn on the internet.

By signing out, I have to sign in again, which is very inconvenient!

I think asking for password (as default) for every decryption is the best solution right now. NOBODY can read or copy my files because they don’t know my password!

#15719 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Tien Pham,

Please read more information about why-password-only-on-sign-in https://forum.axcrypt.net/support/faq/#why-password-only-on-sign-in

If someone knows your system or Pc password, so you can sign out the AxCrypt app manually. After that nobody to decrypt the encrypted file without file password.

For example. If you sign in the Gmail account in your/common system. After that you work completed you have to sign out your gmail account in the system. same as you will complete your work you need to sign-out the AxCrypt app manually. AxCrypt app is designed like that only.

#15723 Reply

Tien Pham

1. Maybe you have got me wrong:

Everybody still signs in, but for DECRYPTION (only), password will be asked.

2. I am trying to help you and Axcrypt better. Rest assured, I will not use Axcrypt anymore, and have developed a way getting around it, do not have to use Axcrypt.

3. I think Axcrypt and you should think hard about fixing Axcrypt to be better.

4. I think, as a non-susbcriber, I thought I should contribute to Axcrypt for the better.

So long.

#15726 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Tien Pham,

Thanks for your words.

We are discussing it with our team. if anything, sure We will get back to you.

Thanks for using AxCrypt 😊

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: feature request
Your information: