Forums Community Feature request: bulk anonymous rename

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Victor 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

RockNRoll

I am a premium user and I sometimes use anonymous rename.

I have a directory with bank statements and other private finance statements and some of the filenames contain private account details that I don’t want visible in my OneDrive. It’d be too inconvenient for me to rename all the files by hand. The whole directory is a designated Secured Folder.

To use anonymous rename I have to open the Anonymous Rename function and then drag and select the files I want to Anonymous rename.

• Can AxCrypt please add a feature which allows me to nominate a Secured Folder where the whole contents will be *automatically* anonymously renamed?
    • It would also be acceptable if there was a feature which allows me to anonymously rename everything in a folder through just one right click – that is, *manually, when clicking the option* instead of automatically.
    #6588 Reply

RockNRoll

The first suggested feature might be called Anonymous Secured Folder or Secured Folder (Anon.).

The second feature might be called Bulk Rename (Anon.)

I hope I have explained this idea clearly.

#6590 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello RockNRoll,

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ve added it as a suggest enhancement here https://bitbucket.org/axantum/axcrypt-net/issues/310/add-anonymous-rename-to-options-for .

#6591 Reply

RockNRoll

Fantastic, thank you.

Whenever you temporarily decrypt a whole folder it restores the original filenames as I’d expect but when you click the broom it encrypts everything again but you then have to manually anonymously rename files. I use CTTL+A but it’s very inconvenient.

That’s why an Anonymous Folder feature would be very useful as it would speed things up and it’d remember the anonymously rename setting.

#6605 Reply

Jean-Pierre

Good day,

I feel that it’s time to change my axcrypt password.
    Will I be able to decrypt files that where encrypted with the old one?
    I hesitate to make the change because I’m not sure how it works.

Untill later,

Jean-Pierre Therien

#6606 Reply

Victor

I feel that it’s time to change my axcrypt password.
    Will I be able to decrypt files that where encrypted with the old one?

There is an article about changing your password but I will make it simple.

• Make sure you are connected to the internet!
    • Open AxCrypt software and press FILE – OPTIONS – CHANGE PASSWORD
    • Type in your new password and make sure to remember it!
    • All your files will then open with your new password.

You do not need to change your password unless you think somebody else knows it. If you change your password regularly you risk forgetting it. AxCrypt is not like a website – you do not need to change your password all the time.

If you forget your password you will lose access to all of your files.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Feature request: bulk anonymous rename
Your information: