Forums Help & support File & Folder Encryption

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Neil 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Neil

I right clicked on a folder and encrypted it.  Encryption worked as expected.  I then right clocked on a file and clicked on Advanced.  When it opened, file I previously encrypted showed properly but the “secured folders” tab was empty, which I would have thought it would not be empty.

I then copied an unencrypted file to the folder that I encrypted but it did not get encypted like I would have thought it would be.

I have not yet bought a license if that makes any difference.

Please advise

#9718 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Neil,

If you are on a trial Premium it doesn’t matter if you’ve purchased or not.

Right-clicking and encrypting a folder does not designate it as a Secured Folder. You have to do that from the AxCrypt ‘advanced’ window.

Once you’ve done that, you can encrypt files that appear in the folder unencrypted with a single click, or by signing out or exiting the app. They won’t be encrypted fully automatically, because it doesn’t work with many applications that create and save files.

#9724 Reply

Neil

Thank you for the response.

It appears to me that “Secured Folder” is a feature of of paid account and I do not expect to pay for the premium features.

#9735 Reply

John

It appears to me that “Secured Folder” is a feature of of paid account and I do not expect to pay for the premium features.

Then you can’t complain about being unable to use the feature.

#9737 Reply

Neil

I am not .complaining, I just did not know that secure folders was a premium feature

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: File & Folder Encryption
Your information: