Forums Help & support file password x account password

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Claudio Nunes

Hi,

I recently updated my AxCypt from version 1. to version 2, when I was asked to creat an account with a new password. Now my team mates can´t open the files saved in version 2., with the original file password, even though they are also using version 2.  What´s the relation between this new account password and the file password?

#5228 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Claudio,

When you open an AxCrypt 1 file with AxCrypt 2, it gets re-encrypted with your new AxCrypt ID password, i.e. the password you set when you created the account.

If you previously shared these files with others, you should upgrade them all to the new AxCrypt 2 software – and then add these account emails to the list of recipient key shares.

AxCrypt 2 has a more sophisticated way to share encrypted files with other. You do not need to share any passwords any more, and every one uses their own one password to AxCrypt.

Instead of using different passwords for different sharing groups of persons, you add the email addresses of the persons you want to share the access to the file with using the key sharing feature.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: file password x account password
Your information: