Forums Help & support File Password

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Helga

I’m being asked for a password even though I’m logged into AxCrypt.

What does this mean? My AxCrypt password doesn’t work in this box.

I only have the problem with this file and no others. I have used the Windows Snipping Tool to put the error message here.

Thankyou

#7264 Reply

Dominik

It is probably asking for your version 1 password. Try that and if it doesn’t work, come back.

#7265 Reply

Helga

My friend sent me the file. I don’t know what version he uses.

#7266 Reply

Dominik

Ask your friend if he encrypted it with version 1. If he did then ask him for the password.

If he used version 2 like you are from that screenshot then he’ll need to share the file using the Key Sharing feature. Then he must send the file to you again.

#7269 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Helga (and thank you Dominik!),

Thank you for the screen shot! It’s amazing how much one can tell from a single screen shot ;-)

The file your friend sent to you is encrypted with Version 2, but your friend has not used the key sharing feature and shared the access with you before sending it.

As Dominik says, your friend must add you to the list of key sharing recipients and then send the file again.

The key sharing function embeds the shared key into the file. The file must thus first be key shared with the recipient, then sent or file shared. Please note that AxCrypt does not share or send the actual file. To see a quick instructional video explaining how to use key sharing, please view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z3KOZD-Yks .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: File Password
Your information: