Forums Help & support Forgotten password

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

njeuguet

j’ai égaré le mot de passe d’un fichier comment le retrouver svp

#10028 Reply

njeuguet

Axcryp does not recognize the password of my file anymore

#10029 Reply

njeuguet

I am disappointed that it is anything that software. I lost my password and I can not shame you

#10088 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello njeuguet,

Unfortunately, if you do not know the password for an AxCrypt-encrypted file you cannot open it, even if you can sign in to the account. This is by design, it’s just this situation that AxCrypt is made for and it works like this even if you actually are the original owner of the file.

Please check the FAQ at https://forum.axcrypt.net/support/faq/ for more information.

#12488 Reply

jeff

I am using the correct password and it does not open.

#12492 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello jeff,

Can you please be more specific about “does not open”? A screen shot is preferable.

From what we can see in our logs, you registered the account in 2016, then you’ve not used it until beginning of November at which point you issued a password reset, indicating that the original password was forgotten.

Again no activity until yesterday mid December, at which point you once again issued a password reset.

With infrequent use, it is easy to forget or become uncertain about just what password is used for what account.

It also seems you are using a very, very old version of AxCrypt, which you under any circumstance should update unless you have done so now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Forgotten password
Your information: