Forums Help & support Four suggestions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jason

I have four suggestions:

• Offer a lifetime license option for AxCrypt – might not be economically feasible
    • Allow entering the AxCrypt password on the Windows Secure Desktop like KeePass does
    • Use Intel Software Guard Extensions (SGX) to store the master password in memory safely
    • Allow the AxCrypt master password to be remembered. I use BitLocker and it’s a nuisance having to enter the AxCrypt master password each time my computer starts up or is unlocked. This feature should be optional with big security warnings only to use it on computers with full-disk encryption. You could consider greying out the option unless BitLocker is activated (this would people who used non-Microsoft FDE).
    #7728 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Jason!

Thanks for the input and ideas. A general comment is that when password-based encryption becomes too transparent, i.e. you don’t have to enter the password at all or very infrequently, is that that people tend to forget it’s there. Which is a good thing until… you for some reason need to re-enter the password, perhaps after moving the data to a new computer, and realize that you don’t remember it any more. That’s one of the reasons we think that it’s a good thing to actually have to enter the password at certain times, even if it can feel annoying.

We may in the future offer regular licenses instead of subscriptions, but there’s quite some work in order to do so, and we think the subscription plan in many ways is more fair. Read https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/subscription-vs-license/ for a longer discussion of this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Four suggestions
Your information: