Forums Help & support Help encrypting a folder

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Trev Marty

I just signed up to a premium account trial , I have been using the free copy for a year.

Hi I have a 3 terrabyte USB drive plugged in that I use to back up my private files to.

So in Axcrypt I right clicked in the Secure folders window and added the folder containing the back files G:\MyBackup

The folder was accepted all ok.

I signed out of Axcrypt and signed out of the windows user I keep for my accounts.

I signed in then with just another common account we use for this pc and I was able to go to G: and to MyBackup and view all of the files I thought were in the secured folder

What am I doing wrong please ?

#17850 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Trev,

Your G: MyBackup folder is encrypted or not?. if you have added the folder in the secured folder Please wait to sign out the AxCrypt app until the encryption process complete.

How to secure (encrypt) the Folder?

First Sign in to the AxCrypt app with your AxCrypt credentials. Then follow the below instructions to encrypt the folder.

You can able to encrypt your folder contents by just drag and drop the folder to the Secured Folders area.

Or  Right click on the Secured Folders area and choosing Add Secured Folder option from the context menu.

or  Select the folder and right click on the folder and select the AxCrypt | Encrypt menu option from the windows explorer context menu.

If the above does not help, please provide detailed information about the issue and some screenshot and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net. We are happy to help you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Help encrypting a folder
Your information: