Forums Help & support Help needed in understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  RobB 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

RobB

Please could someone from Axcrypt clarify something, before I jump in and trial/install/buy the Axcrypt software.
    Currently all the files my company uses reside on my own PC over a local network that I control, and so I have full control over who can access them (or not). We treat them with maximum confidentiality.
    I am thinking of using Axcrypt in a “Hosted Microsoft office anywhere” environment that we are hoping to implement. With a remote server “Hosted Microsoft office anywhere” environment, I will be accessing those same files in future over a Citrix connection.
    The problem with this arrangement is that our confidential files on the remote server will then be accessible those people in the remote IT company that have access to the server.
    Therefore I am looking for an encryption method that will ensure only authorised people from my office can access those files on the remote server, not the remote IT people.
    So my idea is to install Axcrypt on our terminals and encrypt all the files on the remote server, so no one at the remote IT company/server end can access my files.
    Will that work?
    When Axcrypt is running on one of the terminals in my office, files will be opened to that user and a cached key will be in memory somewhere. Will that mean that the IT person on the remote server will also have access to that file when it is open?
    Will he/she be able to read the cached key in memory and use it to unencrypt other files?
    Are there any other issues that would mean my Axcrypt encrypted files are open to other users.
    Thank you for any helpful answers or insights.
    (If Keymaster Svante could answer too, I’d be very grateful.)
    Rob B

#18381 Reply

RobB

One week later and no answers.

Also no reply from Axcrypt support by email

Surely someone at Axcrypt should be able to answer this?

Rob B

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Help needed in understanding.
Your information: