Forums Help & support How do I get files in their original format?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Will

I encrypted a number of files of various types.  Now, I want to decrypt the files for use.  When I try to decrypt the files, I can do so, but not in their original format and the content is apparently only accessible through AxCrypt.  I want to decrypt the files into a folder in their original format.  In other words, if it is a MP3 file, I want to decrypt it to a file in MP3 format so that I can load it on my phone or stereo.  I see no way to do that.  How do I retrieve the file in the original format without opening each individual file with a program and saving it to disk?  I have a large number of files, so that is not practical.  I tried the various options shown while right-clicking the file listed in the window, but it seems that I have to buy a premium plan to use them.  Are my files now hostage to AxCrypt?

#11540 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Will,

Just right click the file(s) and select AxCrypt | Decrypt, and they will be decrypted to their original form. You do not need Premium to do this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: How do I get files in their original format?
Your information: