Forums Help & support How to change Main password on Axcrypt 2.X

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lSonvaf 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Martin

Hi

I’m giving a try to axcrypt 2.X I was (I am) a bit reluctant to use 2.x as I feel 1.7 was much better it but I’ll give a try. First problem I find is that I can’t  change the password that Axcrypt ask when opening the program

Thanks for the support!

#4818 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Martin,

What do you mean that you can’t change the password?

You can do this under the File | Options menu, like this:

Change Password

If this does not work for you, please send us a screen shot of the situation.

#4820 Reply

Martín

Thanks for your fast reply

I thougth it was for changig the password of the file not the main password. Thanks again for your reply and sorry for the inconvinience.

As I said I am a fan ofAx 1.7 and I’ll give a try to version 2, although I’m a bit confussed with some of the new features

Anyhow i’ll keep on advising Ax as great product

B.R

#4821 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hi,

Good luck, and thanks for the feedback. We’ll try to make it even clearer. The “main” password is for all files encrypted with AxCrypt 2. You sign in once per session, and then encrypt and decrypt using that password automatically.

#4866 Reply

Shawn

Svante,

What happens if I encrypt a bunch of files with my new Axcrypt 2.x account, and then change the password for my account.

Will the files I already encrypted still open with my new password?  Or do I need to re-encrypt them after I change my account password?

#4868 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hi Shawn,

That’s the beauty of AxCrypt ID account which is based on public key technology.

When you change (not reset) your password for your AxCrypt ID account, *all* files previously encrypted with that AxCrypt ID account will automagically open with the new changed password.

Technically, this works because your AxCrypt ID is associated with a public key pair. Each file is encrypted with a random and unique file key. This file key is in turn encrypted and placed in the encrypted file. The file key is encrypted both with the original password using a symmetric encryption key wrap, but also with your AxCrypt ID public key.

When you change (not reset) your password for your AxCrypt ID account, essentially what happens is that you re-encrypt your private key of the key pair with the new password.

So, when opening a file when signed to your AxCrypt ID the following happens:

– Your private key of the AxCrypt ID is decrypted using your sign in password.
    – The encrypted file key is located in the .axx AxCrypt encrypted file, and decrypted using the private key.
    – The decrypted file key is used to decrypt the actual file contents.

#13988 Reply

Christian MOUTIER

Hello,

I am quite confused with the new (basic) version of AxCrypt.

• Depending on the receiver and the files I want to send, I usually use different passwords. Can you explain me how to do that easily?
    • For the same reason, how can I open encrypted files with different passwords when I have no internet connection ?

Hope my English id understandable!

All the best from France.

Christian

#14020 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Christian,

AxCrypt 2.x does not support different passwords on different files features due to some security reasons. You can check our blog for more information.

There is no need to share passwords in order to send or share files securely with others. AxCrypt has a key sharing feature letting you add recipients by email address, who when they receive the file can open it with their own AxCrypt password.

Key sharing embeds the shared key into the file. The file must thus first be key shared with the recipient, then sent or file shared. Please note that AxCrypt does not share or send the actual file. To see a quick instructional video explaining how to use key sharing, please view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z3KOZD-Yks .

Instead of encrypting with different passwords, You can use AxCrypt key sharing feature to share the encrypted files with more than one other users.

AxCrypt app works without internet also. Internet is required only for fetching the user account(s) and subscription information. Internet is not required for encrypting/decrypting the files.

AxCrypt will allow the users to decrypt the encrypted file with the original password which is used for encryption.

AxCrypt will prompt the user to enter the file password when we decrypt/open the encrypted files which are encrypted other than the sign in password.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Azhaguraja B.
    #14202 Reply

Terry Lewis

Hello,

I’m having issues after I changed my password and now it’s not recognized. I have Windows 10 and I guess it happened after the latest update.

#14215 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Terry ,

AxCrypt will allow the users to decrypt the encrypted file with the original password which is used for encryption.

If the file was encrypted with a different password than your sign in password, then you have to enter the file password while viewing/decrypting the encrypted file.

For example: Try to encrypt a file with your AxCrypt password and then reset your AxCrypt account password using Reset Password Feature. Now if you open the encrypted file, you will be prompted for enter the file password (which is used for encryption of the file).

Still, you can open/decrypt the old encrypted files with the original file password(which was used in the file encryption process).

For more info about Password Change and Password Reset: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6whtjSb3pc and https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/password-reset-axcrypt/

If you think you almost know the password, we have simple software allowing you to try to find your password, and you can download the most recent version from https://account.axcrypt.net/Download/AxBruteForce.exe and read of how to use it at https://forum.axcrypt.net/axcrypt-brute-force/ . Please note that we cannot provide support beyond this.

If the above does not help,please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net .

#15007 Reply

lSonvaf

How to get a woman to talk to you
    These questions can not but interest a healthy man:

• The best way to make out
    • What to do when shes hot and cold
    • To girl

>> Here you will find the ANSWERS to all questions! <<

>> We know the ANSWERS to your questions! <<

Talk to a woman speak to a girl I often get asked by my male clients how to get a girl to like you.
    A type of Cannot Spit It Out , this is a condition befalling certain male characters usually , especially those on the younger side, or who otherwise are lacking in social graces. When he encounters a female, especially one he’s attracted to, he loses all capacity to speak , or at least make meaningful sentences. He may stammer, blurt out embarrassing nonsequiturs, or become entirely mute. The trigger may be restricted to attractive females, or just the one , in which case it’s likely to be Gibberish of Love.

Proper way to talk to a woman How should you talk to loved ones about their weight? – CNN
    Learn how to talk to girls without making a fool out of yourself or boring them. Today, I’m going to show you how carry a proper conversation with girls while When this happens, women will often think: “We just don’t connect” or “This guy is​. How to talk to women and how to attract women with flirting, conversation, and “​secret tricks”. CHEAT SHEAT – Exactly what to say and how to.

How to talk to a woman you don t know With more and more women speaking openly about street harassment, a straight man can get a little confused about approaching a lady in public.
    From cosplayers to fetish pin-ups, burlesque dancers to lingerie models and the occasional reality TV star, much of their careers involved a heavy online presence. Or the guys who precede trying to talk to women by going through her entire social media presence. But as social media continues to become our main form of communication, it feels incumbent upon me to give some guidelines on how to thirst online responsibly.

Best way to start a conversation with a woman How to Start a Conversation With A Girl
    Starting a conversation with a girl you don’t know can be intimidating. Fortunately, there are A good pickup line will make a girl laugh and definitely get her attention. . Ways to Start a Conversation with a Female Friend. Let’s face it: When meeting a woman, the hardest hurdle to overcome is to know how to approach her. The problem is that most guys don’t put.

How to engage a woman in conversation The last thing you want to do is make it feel like an interrogation.
    Here’s how to do it. Girls love when you ask us questions. But it can also be more complicated than that.

How to keep a conversation going with a woman When to Stop Messaging a Woman — MenAskEm
    Search Out Her ‘Conversational Leads’. Don’t ‘Filter’ Your Thoughts.

How to smooth talk a woman Women share their dating app dos and don’ts.
    It’s a useful expression to understand, because it means—metaphorically speaking—exactly what it says. Smooth guys are the guys who can escalate with women without… well, any rough bumps along the way. But how exactly do these guys do it?

The art of conversation with a woman The Lost Art Of Conversation: How We Forgot How To Make Small Talk
    A common mistake guys make when they talk to women is thinking that just because they had a long, non-stop conversation that the woman must be interested. This comprehensive guide covers how to begin conversations with women and how The only way to get better at the art of conversation is by doing it regularly.

Things to talk about with a woman When it comes to talking to women , it seems one of the hardest aspects for men is making small talk.
    This site covers a LOT of areas when it comes to succeeding with women. On this site I teach and show you:. How to seduce women and get them into your bed as quickly as possible. Well… That all ends here, because today I am going to show and teach you how to talk to women and keep an interesting conversation going.

Topics to talk about with a woman you like
        Best way to approach a woman online
        Best way to love a woman
        Build the perfect woman online
        Chatting up a woman
        Create a woman online
        Do you love a woman
        Finding a woman who loves you
        How do i get a woman to love me

2c0d406

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: How to change Main password on Axcrypt 2.X
Your information: